• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Hey y'all, I'm real close to moving in and I thought we could do a SA range day in a couple weeks. I was thinking the weekend of the 31st or the 7th. That gives us 4 days to pick from. Any day will probably work for me. Also, lunch maybe?

Next question is where. I guess I'll let y'all decide since I don't know the ranges. Something worth considering- private lanes. Might be better if we're going as a group.

Also, BC's being a whiny bitch and wants to come. I guess you Austin folks are invited too.
    ARJ Defense ad

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Franzas, if it weren't so far to SA, I'd come down just to meet a young man who doesn't have his head up his ass. If you ever find yourself in N. Texas I'll introduce you to North Texas Shooter's Association range in Denton and some good beers. I assume you're a beer drinker?

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    my work schedule is all over the place, but if I'm off............I'm in. Cedar Ridge is good & I believe it's closest to the area you will be living.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I had planned on going to the Premier Gun Show on the 31st, but seeing as I probably shouldn't take two Saturdays off, I'll just wait for the next show and go out with y'all. I am partial to Cedar Ridge as well, however, Texas Tactical will be having a carbine match there on the 7th and nothing on the 31st. Home Page (Greg, your link didn't work??? )

So, I'll say I would be good for the 31st, but we got to get brother Greg out there with his new AK, so I'll work around his schedule.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'll be in for whichever date. Dietz, Cedar Ridge - whichever. +1 on helping Greg break in the AK.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    I had planned on going to the Premier Gun Show on the 31st, but seeing as I probably shouldn't take two Saturdays off, I'll just wait for the next show and go out with y'all. I am partial to Cedar Ridge as well, however, Texas Tactical will be having a carbine match there on the 7th and nothing on the 31st. Home Page (Greg, your link didn't work??? )

So, I'll say I would be good for the 31st, but we got to get brother Greg out there with his new AK, so I'll work around his schedule.

I'll be in for whichever date. Dietz, Cedar Ridge - whichever. +1 on helping Greg break in the AK.

I will be on night shift the 30th so I'll prolly go to the Premier show, as of right now I am off the 7th.

Premier Gun Show on May 30th?
    Then
    Range Day on June 7th?

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    There's enough bays at Cedar Ridge that it's not much of a problem. I'd check the calendar at Dietz. I might have to bail. Business trip to Kommiefornia might mess things up the first week in June. The issues I've been having at work for the last week might slide it back though.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Dietz has a club match on the 8th, range opens at 4. So, definitely Sat the 7th.

Cedar Ridge doesn't give any indication as to what's open and when, when they have matches going on.

Either is fine with me.

BC, you should see about getting us in the carbine match and what is needed for it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Dietz has a club match on the 8th, range opens at 4. So, definitely Sat the 7th.

Cedar Ridge doesn't give any indication as to what's open and when, when they have matches going on.

Either is fine with me.

BC, you should see about getting us in the carbine match and what is needed for it.

Carbine match? I shot one recently...only with my pistol (yes, you can do that, makes the far targets "fun").

Typically you need a centerfire handgun with strong side holster (yes you can shoot revolvers) and a carbine (I've seen guys shoot pistol caliber carbines, 10/22s and even HK91 clones), mag pouches help as does a rifle sling.

Don't let me try and push this get together into a match. I really think people would enjoy shooting matches. They aren't as "competitive" as some think they are.

I'm cool with Dietz too.

Zeeeesss Fi-huh! (says the old German guy) Deustchland uber Alles.

Top Bottom