• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    This was my first experience shooting here in Texas as a new resident. It was hot, but the line was covered and they had fans going. The rules are pretty much the same as the Izaak Walton range I used to belong to in VA before moving here. The only real difference to me was the minimum handgun range in VA was 25 yards. I commend Eagle Peak for preset, shorter ranges for handguns.

I used my new S&W 380EZ and was very happy with it. I used several different brands of ammo and had no problems.

I also shot my new S&W Victory .22. Not a single magazine without multiple stovepipes and double feeds. Probably the ammo. I shot, Aquila, Winchester and CCI Std. I think I strip this gun down and re-lube. I'll try CCI Mags next and see it that improves things.

Overall, I liked the range and I especially liked the separation between handgun and rifle ranges. No more "muzzle break" shooters blasting my ears off next to me!

Chris
    Military Camp

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not really a fan of Eagle Peak... always get yelled at for shooting too fast. The no FMJ rule on the rifle range means I've never shot a rifle there. In the same area is Best of the West and Shady Oaks. Two very different ranges, but both better than Eagle Peak IMO.

My S&W Victory seems to be pickier on the hotter ammo. Too much bolt velocity causes it to bounce, and too much bounce causes double feeds. It's been very reliable with Federal and Winchester bulk packs, tho.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    TheDan, Thanks. I'll be sure to check them out. I also saw on a youtube video similar problems to mine that dealt with an extractor issue. I'm going to check while I'll stripping the pistol for my regular maintenance.

Chris

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom