• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RockUrGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Waco
    I live near Waco, TX and I was wondering if anyone knows a place around here to DuraCoat their guns? I wanna give my wife a pink Glock for Christmas since she is going to be getting her CHL soon.
    Texas SOT

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I live near Waco, TX and I was wondering if anyone knows a place around here to DuraCoat their guns? I wanna give my wife a pink Glock for Christmas since she is going to be getting her CHL soon.

Howdy, I don't know anywhere, but I think that is a cool idea.

Kudos.

RockUrGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Waco
    thanks, yea she always sees this pink S&W at our local gun store & wants it. But I am just a glock type of guy (hence the username haha), so I just thought about duracoating it.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    I have considered doing the pink DuraCoat this Christmas on a taurus 357 for my longtime girlfriend. I got a Browning pump last summer fully duracoated from the factory and love the way that stuff grips. The only drawback is that you have to get the perfect holster otherwise the gun will be hard to draw with the added friction, IMHO.

Check it out

http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_bloomberg.html

RockUrGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Waco
    Your awesome man. I was thinking bout getting my duty shotgun (Mossberg 500 tactical breacher) duracoated too. Its kinda scratched up a lil so a nice new paint job would look great

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    DIY. I am going to be doing a old Makarov that I have it does not seem that difficult. I am going to be using a product like the KG Gunkote. The moly resin coating goes on a lot thinner than the Duracote.

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    And if I mess up... is it difficult as hell to redo?

Not sure about that. RTFD, take your time and you should be fine. Are you wanting the frame or the slide done, or both? I would check out this website. John Norrell Arms This is the route I was going to go.

Edit: Just checked the site and does not look like they have pink. These guys do though and I have only heard good things about them as well. https://www.kgcoatings.com/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=5&ccUser=50daa07ada9b804476aa8f4114a21421

RockUrGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Waco
    Are you wanting the frame or the slide done, or both?

Yea she just wants the frame done. So two-tone black&pink

Just make sure she likes the Glock before doing it. She may like something else better.

she loves my glock (god that sounds dirty) so i know she'll like this one

I mean doesn't this just look like a glock girl

PB160494.jpg

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Go to that website I gave you and order, it is a DIY kit. You'll need to buy and lay down a white coat first though, otherwise the pink won't show as well.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    dude, she's hot... jsut had to get that out.

My g/f had a S&W she picked out and i did the frame in Durakote and had the slide powdercoated locally.... Turned out fantastic.

JOe

35ku45x.jpg

RockUrGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Waco
    awesome guys, hella helpful advice. Yea I think i will duracoat it myself then. I thought it was gonna be a hard... long process, but Im glad to see its not. Preciate the compliment on my wife 2.

Top Bottom