• ...and so much more!
  • avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    So, which of you two is the "WINNER" ?

I asked a friend one day how he had stayed married for 50 years. Nice guy but comes across as milquetoast and his wife has run businesses, executive type. Odd combo, but when I asked he thought a minute, looked at me, and said "She never told me I could leave" Best answer I ever heard.
    ARJ Defense ad

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    This is a sore spot for me. The amount of gun counter advice is just horrible, especially in the big box stores.

My mom wanted to go shopping for a possible EDC last year as she was interested in pursuing getting her LTC. She wanted to look at as many guns as possible and get my advice so against my better judgment, I took her to Bass Pro because they were one of the few with any kind of inventory at the time.

First gun guy takes out for her is a Taurus Judge. Before she even had a chance to take it from him, I flatly told her "Absolutely not what you want to learn on." Dude couldn't believe I would have the temerity to have an opinion on the matter.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a sore spot for me. The amount of gun counter advice is just horrible, especially in the big box stores.

My mom wanted to go shopping for a possible EDC last year as she was interested in pursuing getting her LTC. She wanted to look at as many guns as possible and get my advice so against my better judgment, I took her to Bass Pro because they were one of the few with any kind of inventory at the time.

First gun guy takes out for her is a Taurus Judge. Before she even had a chance to take it from him, I flatly told her "Absolutely not what you want to learn on." Dude couldn't believe I would have the temerity to have an opinion on the matter.
    Been there. . . . .

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I was once asked to help a woman with recoil management. Her husband had already bought her a very small, very light 9mm. She didn't want to shoot it again because it kicked too much. She was convinced that 9mm was too powerful.

I gave her my huge, heavy EAA Witness Elite Limited in .45. I showed her the two cartridges side by side. She thought I was crazy and wanted to hurt her with the obviously greater recoil of that big ol' .45 cartridge.

I managed to talk her into firing one round. The recoil was, compared to what she'd experienced, so mild that she immediately wanted a .45. I had to explain to her that the sensation of recoil was a combination of many factors. I went over a few of them and she seemed willing to keep looking for a gun that suited her.

Her husband was pissed that he'd bought her a gun without consulting her and now they both knew he'd screwed up. :)
    So glad my wife shoots. If she shoots something new that she really likes, she will go buy it herself . ( or just imminent domain mine ;) )

Top Bottom