• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    The first time I saw a coyote we were hunting near Mexia on my grandfather's place. I was about 10 years old and it came running out of the woods not five yards from me, froze in its tracks, and just stared at me. I thought it was one of the neighbors dogs so I didn't shoot it and actually said, "hey, boy". It took off running like greased lightning.
    When my dad came by to pick me up, I told him about it. He looked at me and said, "you dumbass, that was a coyote!"
    I've let a lot of them walk past me over the years, simply because I thought it would ruin my chances at deer for that particular hunt if I shot them.
    In all my years in the woods, I've seen dozens of coyotes, three bobcats, and about four foxes.
    Hogs never get a pass.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    skfullen,

Any Texican who fails to kill any hog is in serious danger of being BANISHED to OK. = I prefer coydogs & yotes to hogs.

yours, satx

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Not a note..a yote but i cant edit the title..

My son was calling for turkeys and I always hunt with him with my Ruger Ranch rifle in .223 in case we are overran by hogs or any critters.
    This big male came in sneaking after hearing the hen calls.

He clearly violated the stay at home order and I deemed him non essential

I feel good because he was walking a a good pace when I dusted him
    View attachment 211178
    Congrats on the yote. Did your son get a turkey?
    I went this morning, heard on gobble on the roost and never heard him again.
    I did punish a hog though for gathering with more than 5 friends. There were 40 or so and the wind was just right. Closed the distance to about 25 yards before dropping one. The guy whose property I hunted took some photos, just waiting for him to send over.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The first time I saw a coyote we were hunting near Mexia on my grandfather's place. I was about 10 years old and it came running out of the woods not five yards from me, froze in its tracks, and just stared at me. I thought it was one of the neighbors dogs so I didn't shoot it and actually said, "hey, boy". It took off running like greased lightning.
    When my dad came by to pick me up, I told him about it. He looked at me and said, "you dumbass, that was a coyote!"
    I've let a lot of them walk past me over the years, simply because I thought it would ruin my chances at deer for that particular hunt if I shot them.
    In all my years in the woods, I've seen dozens of coyotes, three bobcats, and about four foxes.
    Hogs never get a pass.

I called in a mountain lion once. Had my back to a wash, the banks were about 5 feet high on my side but only about 2.5 feet across from me showing just my head and shoulders but the sun was almost down behind me so I was in a shadow....thought i was the master cammo hunter lol, and it actually came from behind me and jumped over my head and landed 15 feet in front of me creeping up on the decoy. I yelled it pissed itself running away and my shorts were mostly clean afterwords. I was done predator calling for the evening.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Congrats on the yote. Did your son get a turkey?
    I went this morning, heard on gobble on the roost and never heard him again.
    I did punish a hog though for gathering with more than 5 friends. There were 40 or so and the wind was just right. Closed the distance to about 25 yards before dropping one. The guy whose property I hunted took some photos, just waiting for him to send over.
    No turkey.
    They are not roosting in the same stand of oaks they normally do.
    I have to do some more scouting

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Got my first coyote on a ranch outside of Monahans when I was 7, in 1950. We were shooting prairie dogs out of the seismograph crew’s Dodge Power Wagon and Dad had just handed me his .218 Bee for the next shot when the coyote showed up about 100 yards away. Got a sight picture in that 4x and squeezed, just like he said ... bingo.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom