• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Saw this from a link Rangerscott posted, but thought it deserved it's own thread...

I'm surprised this is still considered a "pistol". It looks like any other bullpup to me. Interesting to say the least. Thoughts?

http://www.cbrps.com/Products.html

6325527264_63cda0176b_o.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree, seems strange that they don't consider the rail a fore grip, also really looks like a butt stock which i thought was not legal on a pistol. I guess wiith the batf letter it would be a loop hole if you were looking for an sbr without getting the stamp.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Would a PP2000 style extremely large trigger guard be considered a true front grip?

pp-2000.jpg

As for the rear "Buttstock", technically it is just part of the receiver, right? Does it matter how the user may use it? lol I can't imagine how hard it would be to use those tiny low sights while shouldering the weapon.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't exactly trust their interpretation when I see this:

All NFA rules apply and the addition of a foreend grip would constitute a Short Barrelled Rifle configuration, requiring proper Federal regulation and registration

A pistol with a vertical forward grip is an AOW, not a SBR. A butt stock ("designed to be fired from the shoulder") would make it a rifle and an SBR.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As for the rear "Buttstock", technically it is just part of the receiver, right? Does it matter how the user may use it? lol I can't imagine how hard it would be to use those tiny low sights while shouldering the weapon.

First, yeah. That's intended/designed to be fired from the shoulder (the shape of the butt is a dead giveaway), so it's a rifle. That means the forward grip doesn't mean jack.

Second... sights? It's a Soviet, err - Russian () weapon. They're spray and pray and body waves. Marksmanship would require some individuality and independent decision-making, and we can't have that, can we tovarich?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Optics? That thing's a last-ditch gun. It's practically a zip gun (pretty sure I could make that in my garage out of spare junk).

And again: spray and pray. I bet that doesn't even have a semi auto mode.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Optics? That thing's a last-ditch gun. It's practically a zip gun (pretty sure I could make that in my garage out of spare junk).

And again: spray and pray. I bet that doesn't even have a semi auto mode.

Are we talking about the draco in question or the PP2000? lol

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That PP2000 has a butt-stock so it's an "SBR". If you were to take the stock off and try to call it a pistol, I think it's pretty obvious the exaggerated trigger guard is meant to be used as a grip. Don't think it would fly.

On the Draco sights, you could replace the rear sight with something like the below and put a red dot on it.
    dNHvrtQtpL3mqm58uCJ0e0jZo34RPnnkdMHG9-iPIq3ZABVwLxtR6QjFU4N2aVxcb4ppTOkQSoCzm7iEQct8XK5b5zZwpzJ46H58bLVjVIsyF7mvTY8B9a2EF4Cu3MQOi9sPWCvx_IacnphYv959hm3pfOIqYvRU2avMU67nTw0yQxkxIxiEZtjKqtpAz0KUpcE5VLgZFDBd

I think it's an interesting design and probably is legal, but it looks sketchy. I bet it would sting trying to use the rear of the receiver as a butt-stock. Just not enough surface area. I feel sort of the same way with AR pistols. In a pinch you could just shove the buffer tube into your shoulder; not that it's an adequate substitute for a real stock.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    That thing looks uncomfortable in every way possible. But then again, I don't think a last ditch gun like that is supposed to be comfortable. I would like one... as a novelty.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kbansal98
    Top Bottom