• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    It went great. Passed comfortably. Shot 248 and 249(their turning system kept malfunctioning so it threw me off a bit).
    Got my certificate. Now I'm just trying to get sorted out as far as a class plan goes. Also, every landowner that said I could use their land, has backed out. And I'm only allowed 2 guests at my local range, so I guess I'm only doing small/private classes for now.
    How did you run your revolver.....single or double action??

danielrcd

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2021
    San Antonio
    I finally got the call. Scheduled for May. I'm nervous about the revolver qualification. I have a Taurus 66(357M) but it had a hiccup last month, so I don't fully trust it. I realized I couldn't use my daughter's 22LR revolver as a backup, so I bought a Taurus Tracker(357M) that I'm not liking so far.
    I finally got the call. Scheduled for May. I'm nervous about the revolver qualification. I have a Taurus 66(357M) but it had a hiccup last month, so I don't fully trust it. I realized I couldn't use my daughter's 22LR revolver as a backup, so I bought a Taurus Tracker(357M) that I'm not liking so far.
    Curious when you put in your application?

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    It went great. Passed comfortably. Shot 248 and 249(their turning system kept malfunctioning so it threw me off a bit).
    Got my certificate. Now I'm just trying to get sorted out as far as a class plan goes. Also, every landowner that said I could use their land, has backed out. And I'm only allowed 2 guests at my local range, so I guess I'm only doing small/private classes for now.

I don’t know where you are located, but there are several ranges in the DFW that will let you use their range. One is outdoors. However you have to be NRA RSO certified. (Range Safety Officer). Which is an easy online course that costs $30.

SickSilverado

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    TEXAS
    I don’t know where you are located, but there are several ranges in the DFW that will let you use their range. One is outdoors. However you have to be NRA RSO certified. (Range Safety Officer). Which is an easy online course that costs $30.
    I'm located down south near the Mexico border. I might get that RSO cert though. Maybe that'll open some doors.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I'm located down south near the Mexico border. I might get that RSO cert though. Maybe that'll open some doors.

It is possible. The ranges that I use all their employees have to have their NRA RSO certification to work the range. I think it may even be an Insurance thing too.

End of this month I am going to go get my CRSO certification. (Chief Range Safety Officer) that might open even more doors for me later. Who knows.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Any word on Texas LTC instructor classes?

Crazy how i am certified to Teach both Illinois and Maryland LTC/CCL/CHL courses here in Texas but not my own state! I am the only Illinois and Maryland instructor in Texas!

Top Bottom