Hurley's Gold

Doubt this is a "news story", but UH student robbed at gunpoint on campus today:

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    SUSPECTS:
    Two Black male, betweens the ages of late 20's to 30's, light skinned, medium build with short curly hair.
    WEAPON:
    Black semi-automatic handgun
    VEHICLE:
    Dark colored 4 door car.
    SYNOPSIS:
    At approximately 2:00pm on Sunday September 16, 2012, at the 3800 block of Holman Street near Scott Street, A University of Houston student reported to UHDPS that two unidentified black males, driving a dark colored vehicle, drove up to him while he was walking westbound on Holman Street. The driver displayed a handgun and demanded his property and cell phone. After the student complied with the suspects, they fled the scene headed eastbound on Holman towards Cullen Blvd. The University of Houston student was not injured.

Thank God he wasn't hurt, but this is just another reason I am disgusted that there is a law prohibiting CCW on college campuses. I don't know how they did it in Colorado, but to me this is extremely important, and a law I'd like to see get passed VERY SOON, the protecting of the right to the licensed carry of a concealed weapon, on campus, INSIDE the buildings. Because even though you can walk through campus armed legally..that does you no good if you can't go inside the buildings...nobody goes to campus to NOT go inside a building.

I see alot of people pushing for the right to openly carry in Texas, which is also something I am in full support of (although I'd still carry concealed, I think it should be up to the person whether or not he or she wants to conceal their firearm...makes no since that they can carry a hidden gun, but not have one showing), but I honestly see this as more important. Because the law that forbids students to CCW on college campuses, leaves them unarmed and defenseless, sometimes in VERY high crime areas, like Houston's 3rd Ward.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Thats a damn shame. Glad nobody was hurt. Would be nice if collage students were "allowed" to carry firearms for defense. Another reason why I didnt go to college. BS liberal politics.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Thats a damn shame. Glad nobody was hurt. Would be nice if collage students were "allowed" to carry firearms for defense. Another reason why I didnt go to college. BS liberal politics.

Texas law allows the licensed carry of a concealed weapon on campus property, which includes any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.....so you can walk all through campus armed, but the minute you walk inside a building, you're breaking the law. Well considering people only go on campus to go to CLASS, inside a building..that basically means they have to walk to and from their cars unarmed...(and if they are trying not to break U of H policy, can't even have a gun in their car.....)

Just makes no sense to me that if the law allows one to walk through campus armed, how prohibiting them from going inside the building armed is going to make any difference....that's the result of Anti Gunner logic....same people who sit there and whine about how sad school shootings are...yet do whatever they can to get laws passed that increase their potential....sad...I can't say I feel "unsafe" on U of H campus, but I definitely feel vulnerable. I just don't think me being allowed to keep my 38 in my pocket or book bag is going to cause any problems....it's just stupid. But, I'm a law abiding citizen so I will just do whatever I can to hopefully change that...the legal way...I'm afraid U of H has too many liberals though....I'm starting to fear Houston's liberal population is increasing, and that is definitely not a good thing.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom