• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    My Ruger LCR in 38sp has too much recoil for my wife and she will not shoot it. My wife is an experienced shooter too. I have never tried +p ammo in it but it is stout on regular .38. You really need to let your daughter try it before you buy it as it is not a bargain if she won't pick it up again.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Sounds to me like some wives need .22 cuz if 9mm and 380/and or 38 have to much recoil etc maybe a .32 or .25 or .22 is better suited for them.

When I had a wife she shot(quite well I might add) and carried a shield .40sw. She is 5’7” and 110ish btw.

Said it before and I’ll say it here
    Learn to manage the recoil no matter the caliber.

Its CALLED GUN CONTROL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    Sounds to me like some wives need .22 cuz if 9mm and 380/and or 38 have to much recoil etc maybe a .32 or .25 or .22 is better suited for them.

When I had a wife she shot(quite well I might add) and carried a shield .40sw. She is 5’7” and 110ish btw.

Said it before and I’ll say it here
    Learn to manage the recoil no matter the caliber.

Its CALLED GUN CONTROL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya. my daughter is 5'5 110# soak and wet. she shot both of my .380's and the 9MM, once. Ive stressed constantly about anticipating the recoil but she flinches. I just dont like her not having anything other than sprays or high lumin flashlights. I was hoping a small revolver would work for her.

After a few rounds she does better. i may just work on showing her some .22's.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    ya. my daughter is 5'5 110# soak and wet. she shot both of my .380's and the 9MM, once. Ive stressed constantly about anticipating the recoil but she flinches. I just dont like her not having anything other than sprays or high lumin flashlights. I was hoping a small revolver would work for her.

Actually for two guns shooting the same rounds and weighing the same the recoil on a revolver is probably worse. Physics. One option might be something like a keltec p32 which is a very gentle shooter. Better than a 22, easy to carry. 32acp especially with Lehigh defense ammo is nothing to sneeze at.

BABBALOU1956

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Lewisville
    I have 2 LCR in 38 and 2 LCRX in 38. At 7 -10 yards I shoot DA almost as well as SA. Both are fine for close range self-defense. I use the LCR for pocket carry & the LCRX for appendix carry, both have <2" barrels. I shot them better with 3 finger grips but they printed more than I wanted so it's back to the 2 finger grips. 25 rounds of +P & my hand is numb so they don't get shot a lot. One LCRX has a 3" barrel & I shoot it way better than the others. Extra inch of sight radius makes a difference.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

LCR in 22lr or even 22 Mag might be a good place to start.

If she gets comfortable there then the same in 38 Special may feel okay to her.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    The trigger pull in the LCR's that I've shot are absolutely horrible. I traded the 22 Magnum LCR that I had not long after I first shot it.
    The only handgun that I've shot with a worse trigger pull was a Bond Arms Derringer.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The trigger pull in the LCR's that I've shot are absolutely horrible. I traded the 22 Magnum LCR that I had not long after I first shot it.
    The only handgun that I've shot with a worse trigger pull was a Bond Arms Derringer.
    Damn! I've always kinda' wanted a derringer. I don't mind a semi-heavy trigger as long as it's smooth. The exposed trigger on most derringers would make me very cautious. Aren't there some derringers that have an actual trigger guard?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

If you come to the reunion in October ask @robertc1024 to bring his makarov. That LCR will be a joy to shoot comparatively lol

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    This may be due to the need for a heavy strike on a rimfire. My LCR in 38 has a good trigger but heavy recoil.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Damn! I've always kinda' wanted a derringer. I don't mind a semi-heavy trigger as long as it's smooth. The exposed trigger on most derringers would make me very cautious. Aren't there some derringers that have an actual trigger guard?
    Bond Arms has a trigger guard that you can remove if you choose.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom