• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    Out of all the guns I have or have shot, The only revolvers I ever shot were single action .38's for my commisioned licesense more than 25 years ago

is there enough difference between having to use the hammer and not having to, to warrant the price difference in some calibers? (like using a double action .357 or .44)

Once I got my first .380, I just prefered SA's to revolvers. But only my 9MM has 16+1 magazines. all the others are 5, 7 or 8+1.
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think double action revolvers are the only way to go.

I just prefer the feel in the hand and the styling. Plus the loading ability is far superior.

I don't like rolling the grip in my hand during firing either.

If you can't shoot the same revolver as accurately in double action as you can in single action you need more practice.

But for a range toy that gets you a new caliber get whatever fills the need. If you're looking for a defensive firearm there is no comparison.

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    How accurate do you need to be?

Im a good shot with all of my SA's, but i dont have any recent experience shooting with revolvers. But I found a good deal on a single action .38 that i was wondering if it was worth my time or the ammo. The gun is almost as cheap than the ammo., lol
    Im trying to find something my daughter is comfortable with carrying tho. My 9MM is too heavy/high recoil, and my .380's are either too small and have the same mag capacity to the 5-rnd .38 revolver im looking at or she doesnt like them.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Then let your daughter try both styles as well as several 9mm pistols.
    I normally carry a Ruger LC9S Pro. It is small and light enough I have forgotten I have it on. Depending on what I am doing, I sometimes carry a Blackhawk. And I am good with both. But some people don't do well with SAs and shoot them very slow.
    Double action pistols? I may as well throw it at you. The grip angles suck for me.
    Look at something along the lines of the LC9S Pro.
    But let HER pick the gun.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have 3 revolvers that shoot .38 sp (2 of them shoot .357 too). My Ruger LCR in .38 sp is much harder to shoot accurately (no hammer exposed) so only DA. But the LCR fits in my pocket if need be so I compromise and it is not a target revolver. Everything is a compromise and you buy depending on the scenario you will use it in. Single action in a revolver will always have a nicer trigger than in double action. Try a rimfire and you will really see a heavy DA.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I have 3 revolvers that shoot .38 sp (2 of them shoot .357 too). My Ruger LCR in .38 sp is much harder to shoot accurately (no hammer exposed) so only DA. But the LCR fits in my pocket if need be so I compromise and it is not a target revolver. Everything is a compromise and you buy depending on the scenario you will use it in. Single action in a revolver will always have a nicer trigger than in double action. Try a rimfire and you will really see a heavy DA.
    this.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    off topic much?

maybe grabbing and accosting women "because they let you do it" is more your thing?
    I was responding directly to your post. And yes, if someone lets you do something it is consensual. Do not care what consenting adults do. You however are ok with a serial child groper appointing a murderer of children to the head of the BATFE.

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas

ive taken her to find a revolver because my 9MM and .380's were too heavy for her to conceal or shoot. i dont care which one she can handle more, but I was curious if the difference in prices were worth it?

The problem is i dont have the means to let her shoot anything I dont own without buying one. lol

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    I was responding directly to your post. And yes, if someone lets you do something it is consensual. Do not care what consenting adults do. You however are ok with a serial child groper appointing a murderer of children to the head of the BATFE.

there are other topics on the forum for your presumptions

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ive taken her to find a revolver because my 9MM and .380's were too heavy for her to conceal or shoot. i dont care which one she can handle more, but I was curious if the difference in prices were worth it?

The problem is i dont have the means to let her shoot anything I dont own without buying one. lol

Lots of gun ranges rent guns.
    No buying required.

Top Bottom