Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I need to attempt some of this high precision long range shooting. Need to zero my gun for these distances though.
    Just FYI - The drill I described is the ISSF Men's Rapid Fire Pistol event shot at all major ISSF events, including (this was the "every four years on TV" part) the Olympics.
    Hurley's Gold

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just FYI - The drill I described is the ISSF Men's Rapid Fire Pistol event shot at all major ISSF events, including (this was the "every four years on TV" part) the Olympics.
    Yeah...I wouldn't be rapid firing it nor doing too well. Just saying long range accuracy is something that would be good for me to try. Ill start off with a sheet of plywood at that distance.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Range day with dot torture. I couldn't draw from holster b/c of the range rules, so just went from hip. Got a better score with the VP9, but I still had a couple flyers with it. Had one on weak hand that just barely nicked the paper - whoops!

20150403_150922.jpg

20150403_150954.jpg

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    The drill I've practiced most over the years is from low ready with one hand. At the signal, raise the pistol and put one shot on a 4" dot at 25 meters. 1.1 seconds is considered good, 1.3 the minimum acceptable. Repeat successfully 12 times in a row.

I have a hard-on for douche-nuggets who think that target shooting isn't combat shooting.

The very last person on the planet I wanna F with is someone who can deliver a hit on a 4" target at 25 yards in 1.3 seconds... TWELVE TIMES IN A ROW!!!

Let alone...
    When you can pass that test, you add 4 more shots at 4 more dots a meter apart. Hard limit for 5 hits out of 5 is 4.0 seconds.

Seriously, most of these "tactical" trainers start strutting when they can hit an 8" circle at 7 yards from the holster in 1.5 seconds.

Ninja, please.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom