Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    must be working AND cures the flu!
    309adce2a1ca0c821f2dbe0e0fe4bf90.jpg

I’ve seen this a few times. “But where has the flu gone”

Also explained by a few connected thoughts

Although both are respiratory illnesses spread by droplets, Covid is more contagious than the flu

The measures we have taken (reduced gatherings, reduced travel, remote work for some, masks for a bunch, anyone with a fever getting tested and isolated, increase in cleaning, etc) are really effective against the flu but not sufficient for covid.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Although both are respiratory illnesses spread by droplets, Covid is more contagious than the flu

The measures we have taken (reduced gatherings, reduced travel, remote work for some, masks for a bunch, anyone with a fever getting tested and isolated, increase in cleaning, etc) are really effective against the flu but not sufficient for covid.
    And possibly some of the things you just listed enabled the efficacy of the virus.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    My take is this:

Get the vax if you want. Or don't.

If the vax works, then your chance of dying is reduced. If it doesn't, then well it doesn't. There could be side effects getting the vax, there could be nothing.

You have to make the decision for you and yours and weigh those risks.

I know of somebody who had covid in Jan of this year, did not feel they needed the vax, caught it again recently and just died last week.

I know of unvaxxed who caught it, were in ICU and came home recovered.

I know of some who caught it, had sniffles and then were fine.

A bunch of classmates in my kid's school have had it this school year. I'm actually surprised they haven't had it yet (that we know of).

The point is, we have some data but it's of limited time frame. There's so much we just don't know right now.

I'm convinced now more than ever, when it's your time, it's your time. Do your best to keep yourself healthy and in shape (still working on that myself). Eat properly. Exercise. Get enough sleep. Try to keep your stress levels down. Control what you can.

Am I vaccinated?

Sorry, I don't share very much personal medical info on the internet.

What I do know is the politics around of all this are simply insane. I hate what's going on around the world. China is clearly using this to gain additional footholds all over the world.

Both the pro and anti vax sides have what appear to be the equivalent of religious zealots that are further driving a wedge in our already fragile society.

We're treading a thin line right now and feels like we are one good push from life going quite pear shaped.

Conclusion:

Take care of yourself. We just might be screwed anyway. At least in this world.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm a very questioning person. And when there isn't even a consensus among doctors and scientists on Covid, and the Covid vaccines, what are we suppose to believe, and who?

Then factor in the politicians, and the media, using all sorts of propaganda in trying to convince the general public that we are at risk, and we NEED to be vaccinated, and then still wear our masks, and then brace yourselves for another vaccine, and another, and where does it stop?

When did politicians and the media personalities become experts on the virus and vaccines? And why should we, or are we even listening to people that are merely repeating something, that someone told them to say?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I never knew who she was and I still don't care really
    She's being attacked by the media, the problem is, she may have more followers than they do. Nicki never said she wouldn't get the vaccine, all she said was she would research it. That got the leftist media's heads exploding. I love it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Masks are not effective for covid or flu.

If those measures eliminated the flu, why didn't they at least significantly slow the covid spread?

What did the experts blame on the covid rises? People not wearing masks and not social distancing. So how was the flu slowed down when people were not wearing masks or social distancing?

Sorry, not buying the party line.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm now hearing that many of these greek alphabet variants were possibly caused by the vaccine.

To a degree they are; the role of a virus is to survive. A virus cannot replicate by itself, a host is needed to do so. The virus evolves/mutates/varies itself so that it cam survive. If it doesn’t do so quicker than the host immune system does, then it burns itself out of hosts. A constant battle.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    You left out those that had been vaccinated, caught covid, then died in the hospital.
    This man, Dr. Luc Montagnier, a world renown virologist, who discovered the HIV virus, has a hard opinion against the covid vaccines, stating that the vaccines do the opposite of what they're supposed to do. Dr Robert Malone, inventor of the mRNA delivery system used in the vaccines, has the same conclusions as Montagnier in regards to the covid vaccines, calling for the complete halt to the distribution of the vaccine.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    True I did because I don't know of anybody who has. I personally do not know anyone who is vaccinated who has gotten covid. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I am just sharing what I know of personally.

Only reason I brought it up is because I do know someone that was vaccinated, hospitalized, then died.

I talked about it in my story of me getting sick.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ZX,

Refresh my memory - I'd like to re-read your story - Do you recall the thread title? I can't dredge it up as I have CRS...

Thanks!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ZX,

Refresh my memory - I'd like to re-read your story - Do you recall the thread title? I can't dredge it up as I have CRS...

Thanks!

Sure, there was a short version.
    I went to a memorial service on a Friday.
    Sunday night I was coughing.

Six other people that I am aware of got sick also. They were all vaccinated.

One of the men was hospitalized for 3 weeks, then passed away in the hospital.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom