• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Look, the worst shooter in one of the Olympics shooting events (I guess they have one of some kind), would be 1000 times better than me. I can't speak for any individual doctor but pretty much the worst student in any professional school class probably is sharper than me (and maybe you too). For doctors, it is not always the smartest that is the best. I had a physician friend who had a brain tumor when young. He was very smart but uncoordinated and couldn't do anything surgical. Made a good family doc. Good surgeons require good hand eye coordination, not necessarily high intelligence.
    Someone that's not a doctor isn't going to kill someone through his incompetency as a doctor. Unless, of course, he's an imposter.
    Capitol Armory ad

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Someone that's not a doctor isn't going to kill someone through his incompetency as a doctor. Unless, of course, he's an imposter.
    There must be a bunch of professions with incompetent people that can kill you every day. Truck drivers, pilots, cops, etc. Every time I get on the freeway in the metroplex I see incompetent drivers. Be glad we are still here.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There must be a bunch of professions with incompetent people that can kill you every day. Truck drivers, pilots, cops, etc. Every time I get on the freeway in the metroplex I see incompetent drivers. Be glad we are still here.
    What's that got to do with your argument about the least doctor being better than those not a doctor?

Reactions: gll

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    What's that got to do with your argument about the least doctor being better than those not a doctor?
    Just following your post.
    You did say
    “Someone that's not a doctor isn't going to kill someone through his incompetency as a doctor.”

Any person not a doctor that is incompetent can kill you, not just an incompetent doctor and every profession has incompetents.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just following your post.
    You did say
    “Someone that's not a doctor isn't going to kill someone through his incompetency as a doctor.”

Any person not a doctor that is incompetent can kill you, not just an incompetent doctor and every profession has incompetents.
    I was trying to say, I don't believe that the least doctor (at the bottom of his class) is necessarily better at knowledge of medicine than someone that may not be a doctor. Someone who may not have a degree can be better learned in many areas of medicine than those that squeak by in getting a degree.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Look, the worst shooter in one of the Olympics shooting events (I guess they have one of some kind), would be 1000 times better than me. I can't speak for any individual doctor but pretty much the worst student in any professional school class probably is sharper than me (and maybe you too). For doctors, it is not always the smartest that is the best. I had a physician friend who had a brain tumor when young. He was very smart but uncoordinated and couldn't do anything surgical. Made a good family doc. Good surgeons require good hand eye coordination, not necessarily high intelligence.
    Apples and not apples, a competitive shooter has demonstrated proficiency, most doctors, not necessarily.

My point was the disturbing propensity to abandon logic in mindless agreement with any statement made by "a Dr." Not just in regard to covid, generally. "The Dr. said!"

Not all Dr's are good Dr's, not always right, worse, not always forthright or motivated by good intent.
    Think for yourself and choose for yourself.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Politics is the problem, it infects everything.

Media has been extremely biased for so long that nobody trusts them. So when you have a certain political party saying something is good and the media will only show evidence to support that people no longer trust them.

Then pile on top of that reputable institutions putting out papers that are immediately removed from social media posts and either refuted or ignored by the media, people become more suspicious.

Only doctors who “follow the science” are given air time.

People are repeatedly told to “follow the science” when nobody actually says what the science is and those who keep saying it are constantly changing “the science”.

And pile on even more, now framing that the Delta variant is “more dangerous to kids” as if it harms children “more”. More than who? Not more than adults or the elderly. But it’s always just “more” and framed as if they are the at risk group now. Not to mention the articles falsely claiming hospitals like saint Judes are out of beds because of kids with Covid, which was refuted by the hospital but the media didn’t care to run the correction, only the fake story.

And the great and all knowing Fouchie, who in only a week went from “no reason to wear more than one mask” to “if one mask works 2 are better, it just makes common sense”, back to 1 mask, and who knows where he’s at now. And that’s just one example of his ridiculous medical expertise.

And now you have Biden stepping in to make sure treatments are delivered in an “equitable” manner, which just happens to result in pulling treatments from states that refuse to enforce his new mandates, even though these treatments were being ordered and purchased by the states and I’ve seen no claims that other states weren’t able to get what they needed. Trying to change it from a demand to a command economy. Similar to what’s happened and failed under a certain political structure with a history of failure.

And when you have all these people who have become concerned for the reasons mentioned above and more, you say “we’re running out of patience. You will let us inject you!”, well, the proper response to anything along those lines from the government is and always will be “**** You!”

Lots of words to say there are damn good reasons for people to be hesitant or resistant to getting these vaccinations. From the lies pushed regarding Covid from the very beginning, the incompetence of the CDC, and the totalitarian methods that the gov is attempting to use to force these vaccinations.

You want people to resist something, this is how you convince them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Most excellent post @Younggun and I think you hit the nail squarely on the head with that one.

it's all about fear

It's all about control.
    Fear is just the tool.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Yes, much of it is about using fear, and they are using it as just one of their tools to push their agenda to control the masses.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    American Citizens must recognize & understand that we have been attacked and are in a modern WAR. A combination of internal and external ENEMIES of the USA are trying to, as Soros said "Take Down" the USA. First came the biological attack using an "engineered" virus from China, then the rigged election, now a rogue administration intentionally destroying our Economy, weakening our Military, and illegally flooding our Nation with ignorant and malevolent invaders.

Biden is too feeble to do this. Our government is being run by Obama, Susan Rice, China, and George Soros.

Don't be distracted by the side-shows. Like the "vaccine debate".

We must STAND-UP and STOP it now !

leVieux

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    This is an interesting take. I haven’t taken the vaccine and probably won’t. However, I wouldn’t put it past the lefties to purposely try a little reverse psychology to convince Conservatives who may benefit from the vaccine to not take it.

Nolte: Anti-Vaxxers Hype Benign Transmission Numbers as Proof Vax Doesn’t Work https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ransmission-numbers-as-proof-vax-doesnt-work/

One problem with Nolte’s argument is that in Texas we do have a large percentage of the population vaccinated and our hospitalizations have still been very high.

If the vaccine works, why doesn’t it work?

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    F21FF7E7-3E83-4E77-821F-7DAB715B78DC-768x512.jpeg

Top Bottom