Don't be an easy target.....shooting on the move!

Oct 12, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Most shooters train standing in one spot...due to range safety rules and lack of knowledge of how to do anything else but.
Hitting a moving target is extremely difficult, while "being the moving target" increases survivability of the shooter, hence your living through an engagement with an adversary.
Solid fundamentals never go out of style: proficiency in grip, trigger manipulation, ability to maintain an acceptable sight alignment/sight picture, combined with a practiced technique of "movement" provides a more stable platform to make solid relevant hits on the threat.
Training in this technique of "shooting while moving" or "shooting on the move" is required 1) to recognize one's limitations, and 2) one's confidence in multi-tasking (walking, shooting, malfunction remediation, reloading, seeking cover/concealment, etc) while making sound decisions whether to engage or simply be prepared to engage.

Shooting While Moving - YouTube

Contact Criterion Tactical (criterion01@gmail.com) for additional training in this, or anything firearms related.

K9117

May 5, 2008
Wood County, TX
Yes, movement is essential but it's more of a shuffle or slide than an outright walk or run. Legs bent as much as possible and the head(located between one's shoulders) lowered. About the last thing one would want or need would be to trip and fall due to stepping on something.

Sublime

Mar 24, 2019
Dallas
Get off the X comes to mind. FoF is a real eye opener. When both are moving it gets difficult.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Jon Payne

Well-Known
Nov 16, 2010
SE TX/Gulf Coast
Yes, movement is essential but it's more of a shuffle or slide than an outright walk or run. Legs bent as much as possible and the head(located between one's shoulders) lowered. About the last thing one would want or need would be to trip and fall due to stepping on something.
Yeah, that’s pretty much not it. I’ve been using, practicing, and teaching dynamic movement for the past 10 years in live fire and FoF courses. I teach to both sworn personnel and citizens. Not wanting to trip or step on stuff is why I train folks to NOT backpedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
May 8, 2017
Johnson County, TX
One of the things I told my kids when it comes to school shootings is to keep moving. Most of the materials in a school building won’t stop a bullet. So I think trying to hide is a bad strategy.

K9117

May 5, 2008
Wood County, TX
Yeah, that’s pretty much not it. I’ve been using, practicing, and teaching dynamic movement for the past 10 years in live fire and FoF courses. I teach to both sworn personnel and citizens. Not wanting to trip or step on stuff is why I train folks to NOT backpedal.

Sorry I'm confused now. Where in my post did you see the word, "backpedal?"

Jon Payne

Well-Known
Nov 16, 2010
SE TX/Gulf Coast
Sorry I'm confused now. Where in my post did you see the word, "backpedal?"
Did you or did you not state they need to shuffle walk slow etc so they won’t trip/step on stuff? You didn’t mention anything about backpedaling. I did. Backpedaling is when people tend to trip and step on things; not when they’re allowing their body to move how it was meant to move.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts