APOD Firearms

DOH! Dallas teen crashes fathers 3.4 MILLION $ sports car.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Those cars are pure sex. Literally everything down to the fasteners are bespoke. Not even carbon fiber is good enough, so they weave titanium fibers into it.

We were lucky enough to have a 1-of-1 (at the time) Roadster at our car show a while back...first one in the US as well. We actually got to FaceTime some of the show to Horacio Pagani in Italy and it was a highlight of my former career

The fact that this sniveling kid got in over his head and wrecked it is tragic.

5afb8d3afd05182fb18204db1b4b6e95.jpg
    84451978edf401390c5c7f871f346e4b.jpg
    781850f524acc96b487d1f7de0d3b19f.jpg
    3272b8bce35a97fd00f89eb13b5b3733.jpg
    5168c9b9fb45693ac9cfb5975d1b9090.jpg

0c92675b5309f23a12771cf4b0f7fc98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Meh, just a car.

Paying that much for any car shows the parent had about as much sense as the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    0-60 in <2.5 seconds? That's not, just a car.

Can you & I comprehend justification of such a ride? No, I can't.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I pay that much for anything I guarantee you my kid ain't touching it. He would get the same POS 68 impala type car I got. If he wanted better he goes to earn it like I did.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    0-60 in <2.5 seconds? That's not, just a car.

Can you & I comprehend justification of such a ride? No, I can't.
    I had an 07 mustang GT that ran 0 to 60 at right at or under 4 seconds and have been in a fox body that ran close to 3 seconds.

Both are too much for the street unless you know what your doing and they are set up properly. Even with soft tires They will flat out swap ends on you, multiple times in a row too lol. I cant imagine much more power than that for some entitled kid.

Low tire pressure. Lol. Low experience and high testosterone more likely.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Got what he deserved. My teens weren't allowed to drive any of our new cars and especially anything with an engine larger than a 4-banger. Why...because I remember being a teen too. It's a miracle I didn't wreck mom's Mercury Cougar back in the day.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Got what he deserved. My teens weren't allowed to drive any of our new cars and especially anything with an engine larger than a 4-banger. Why...because I remember being a teen too. It's a miracle I didn't wreck mom's Mercury Cougar back in the day.
    I know. When I think back at some of the stuff I did back then.....{shudder}

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Years ago when I was stationed at Ft. McNair in DC, an Asian ambassador bought his 14YO (& UNLICENSED) son a new Corvette, which the kid wrecked the first day.
    Then "Papa" bought him a new Ferrari & he totaled that car within 10 days near Ft. Marcy Park..
    After that wreck, "Papa" bought him a HUMMER & when the kid wrecked that one & ended up in the ER with a compound fracture to his lowered left leg, "Papa" bought him a chauffeured Rolls limo.
    (Everybody with the DoS, USSS, USPP & the MPD "breathed a collective sigh of relief".)

FWIW, the LOONY ANTICS of some of the kids from "Embassy Row" have to be SEEN to be believed. = One teenaged daughter was seen "walking on the top of a bridge guard railing" while DRUNK. - When an MPD officer stopped to try to keep her from FALLING & likely getting killed, she told him "what he could do in his spare time" & "continued her stroll".
    (Her father's aide called the Mayor's Office & DEMANDED an apology for "accosting the ambassador's young & innocent daughter.")

yours, satx

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My GF used to drive a school bus here in The Woodlands.
    Back in the day, one of her riders turned 16, and daddy promptly bought him a new Viper.
    He actually drove it for 6 months before daddy took it away and started driving it himself.
    I don't think he ever wrecked it, but I believe that he got too many tickets.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    My GF used to drive a school bus here in The Woodlands.
    Back in the day, one of her riders turned 16, and daddy promptly bought him a new Viper.
    He actually drove it for 6 months before daddy took it away and started driving it himself.
    I don't think he ever wrecked it, but I believe that he got too many tickets.

ZX9RCAM,

Your post reminds me of an OLD "RICH TEXAN" joke about a newly RICH wildcatter, who bought his 7YO a new Caddy ragtop for his birthday. - The story goes that when a family friend asked if buying a car for a 7YO wasn't "just a bit excessive", the oilman responded that his son had promised to NOT drive the Caddy out of the house.

yours, satx

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    To All,

Years ago when I was stationed at Ft. McNair in DC, an Asian ambassador bought his 14YO (& UNLICENSED) son a new Corvette, which the kid wrecked the first day.
    Then "Papa" bought him a new Ferrari & he totaled that car within 10 days near Ft. Marcy Park..
    After that wreck, "Papa" bought him a HUMMER & when the kid wrecked that one & ended up in the ER with a compound fracture to his lowered left leg, "Papa" bought him a chauffeured Rolls limo.
    (Everybody with the DoS, USSS, USPP & the MPD "breathed a collective sigh of relief".)

FWIW, the LOONY ANTICS of some of the kids from "Embassy Row" have to be SEEN to be believed. = One teenaged daughter was seen "walking on the top of a bridge guard railing" while DRUNK. - When an MPD officer stopped to try to keep her from FALLING & likely getting killed, she told him "what he could do in his spare time" & "continued her stroll".
    (Her father's aide called the Mayor's Office & DEMANDED an apology for "accosting the ambassador's young & innocent daughter.")

yours, satx
    Diplomatic immunity and UN blunders could take up an entire thread or three!

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    My sales manager just let me know he has a order in for a 2021 AMG GT black series. Not quite super car price at $380,000 sticker. Ill sure get a kick or two driving it a bit though. The car is setting a bunch of production car lap records. Should be pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    ZX9RCAM,

Your post reminds me of an OLD "RICH TEXAN" joke about a newly RICH wildcatter, who bought his 7YO a new Caddy ragtop for his birthday. - The story goes that when a family friend asked if buying a car for a 7YO wasn't "just a bit excessive", the oilman responded that his son had promised to NOT drive the Caddy out of the house.

yours, satx

Had not heard that one before!

Top Bottom