• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wouldn't use the word "attract". If a yote is cruising through, I bet it'll stop and investigate. But I don't think it'll make a mental note to come back and lay in the bushes to ambush. All kinds of stuff is going to "attract" a yote. Hell, if they are there.... then they are there and need to be on the lookout whether chit is in the yard or not.
    Target Sports

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could be. When I lived in a very rural area, the coyotes would find the cats but leave the dogs alone though dog/cat/rabbit poop was everywhere. At night you could hear them start howling which just caused all the dogs to howl too. I made an assumption which could be incorrect, the coyotes were doing that do help identify where the dogs were at and stay away from them. I only saw one dog disappear in those 20 years and that was a small dog the owner left tied up and forget to retrieve one night. Cats that ventured outside any fenced areas were never to be seen after a few months.
    Many of cats have been picked off by owls. The Great Horned Owl is quite the hunter. Yotes get blamed for a lot of stuff disappearing.... yes they don't wear halos.... but everyone points the finger at them quicker than a cat can lick its arse.

TexasDude

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2016
    I have 2 dogs and pick it up twice a day, I put it in a plastic grocery bag (with no holes in it lol) and then throw it in the garbage can that goes out to the street, which is in my garage. If you tie the bag tight and then put it in another bag and tie it, there is little to no odor.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Many of cats have been picked off by owls. The Great Horned Owl is quite the hunter. Yotes get blamed for a lot of stuff disappearing.... yes they don't wear halos.... but everyone points the finger at them quicker than a cat can lick its arse.

Owls will most assuredly prey on very small dogs, puppies and cats. They are near silent hunters too.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Heard a story about a guy that left his windows open on his deer blind. Owls setup shop in there. Eating fresh kills they took back there, screwing and having babies and most of all, crapping all over the place inside.

said it took a week to get it all cleaned out of there.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Owls will most assuredly prey on very small dogs, puppies and cats. They are near silent hunters too.
    Thinking about going early in the morning and checking out the fun in an Academy ammo line! I don’t really need anything, but I’ve got friends and family I can get ammo for, and I’d rather give it away then see the gunbroker gougers get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the three most freaked out times in the wild, 2 of those involved owls. Buzzed me close. I almost peed.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Heard a story about a guy that left his windows open on his deer blind. Owls setup shop in there. Eating fresh kills they took back there, screwing and having babies and most of all, crapping all over the place inside.

Oh I bet it was a mess.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Image result for barn owl

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We have quite a few owls around here. There is thriving rabbit and squirrel population that keeps them well fed. I suspect they may have even gotten a few of our small puppies in the past as well.

Top Bottom