• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, I just heard that dog poop left in your backyard attracts coyotes.
    Why would poop attract them more than just the smell of the dog in the yard?

Also, if you pick it up, where do you put it so that the coyotes can't smell the pile of poop collected between trash pickup?

Discussion about food left outside, and other stuff may be discussed, but this is a question about poop.
    Gun Zone Deals

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    A little more info on why I asked, my stepdaughter moved into a friends house, and she (the friend) insisted the dog poop be picked up because it attracts coyotes.

ETA: (the friend)

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Could be. When I lived in a very rural area, the coyotes would find the cats but leave the dogs alone though dog/cat/rabbit poop was everywhere. At night you could hear them start howling which just caused all the dogs to howl too. I made an assumption which could be incorrect, the coyotes were doing that do help identify where the dogs were at and stay away from them. I only saw one dog disappear in those 20 years and that was a small dog the owner left tied up and forget to retrieve one night. Cats that ventured outside any fenced areas were never to be seen after a few months.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Wonder if'n the wife'd let me keep a coupla coyotes?!!! Either that or some new neighbors what eats cats...who shall remain nameless.

Top Bottom