• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    LOL Just another subjective opinion piece.
    Rule #2: Good Equipment - meaning "the collective will pay for toys that a few individuals like". How is that good for the member base?
    Rule #3: Matches - The author said it right, they generate revenue. But not for members. Matches make the club owner rich while preventing paying members from training. How is that good for the member base again?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Rule #2: Good Equipment - meaning "the collective will pay for toys that a few individuals like". How is that good for the member base?
    Rule #3: Matches - The author said it right, they generate revenue. But not for members. Matches make the club owner rich while preventing paying members from training. How is that good for the member base again?
    Totally agree.

One person's opinion, (the author of the article) of what he thinks makes a great or perfect gun range.

Here's another perspective also. It's not like there are gun ranges on every corner like 7/11's either, and sometimes people have to settle for whatever gun ranges are close to them, or what distances they are willing to drive to visit a gun range. Not a lot of new gun ranges being built either. People sometimes just have to settle for what is available to them.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Not a lot of new gun ranges being built either.
    True and sad.
    What's even sadder is that gun ranges are disappearing more and more every day. For various reasons but mostly due to Commifornians moving nextdoor and complaining about noise. Bored housewives win again.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    True and sad.
    What's even sadder is that gun ranges are disappearing more and more every day. For various reasons but mostly due to Commifornians moving nextdoor and complaining about noise. Bored housewives win again.
    That and they take a lot of land usually for an outdoor range, and it's more profitable to build houses on that land than a gun range.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    That and they take a lot of land usually for an outdoor range, and it's more profitable to build houses on that land than a gun range.
    True. But I don't care.
    With the help of some good friends, "we've" built a pretty decent place to hang out and shoot.
    No paperwork. No money changing hands. Just a "thanks, I had a good time" and "come back anytime".
    I ain't had one complaint from neighbors. No visits from the authorities.

It'll be an outdoor range till I die.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    True. But I don't care.
    With the help of some good friends, "we've" built a pretty decent place to hang out and shoot.
    No paperwork. No money changing hands. Just a "thanks, I had a good time" and "come back anytime".
    I ain't had one complaint from neighbors. No visits from the authorities.

It'll be an outdoor range till I die.
    I too have my own range here at the house. My remark was more about someone building a range that open to the public and as business venture.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    The closest ranges to me is Carter Country in Spring and Thunder Gun range in 1314 and problem is Carters is too packed while Thunder is a no go as the owner is totally weird. I prefer Blackwood and Trinity despite the distance but well worth the travel.

dg47

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 7, 2022
    New Braunfels, tx
    Competition inspires other to come out and watch and possibly join a range, continuing to further the sport, increasing a member base and keeping ranges open.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I was a member at a range which scheduled enough matches on weekends the membership was unable to use the range. I hope the match activity was worth the members who dropped their yearly memberships.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Competition inspires other to come out and watch and possibly join a range, continuing to further the sport, increasing a member base and keeping ranges open.
    Competition is a good at a range until it restricts the paying members from the access they paid dues for.

Top Bottom