Does R. v W. decision have potential to push Texas Blue?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rock Torrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2021
    Tx
    I read once that native Texans supported Beto over Cruz in the Senate Election. What carried Cruz to victory was a greater number of "imports" in Texas that supported Cruz.

Anecdotally that is absolutely not true!

Austin and the surrounding area had over 300 people a day moving into the area, and they have changed where I live from a very conservative county to a very liberal one. Most are Californians (house rich from real estate sales in CA) that have bid up houses to the point that locals can no longer afford rents going up 50%+ a year.

Jase1125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Dallas
    Anecdotally that is absolutely not true!

Austin and the surrounding area had over 300 people a day moving into the area, and they have changed where I live from a very conservative county to a very liberal one. Most are Californians (house rich from real estate sales in CA) that have bid up houses to the point that locals can no longer afford rents going up 50%+ a year.
    Texas is much bigger than Austin :)

"A CNN exit poll showed that O'Rourke beat Cruz among native Texans, 51 percent to 48 percent. In contrast, 57 percent of people who had moved to Texas said they voted for Cruz, compared to 42 percent who voted for O'Rourke."

It is CNN, so it is completely reasonable to not believe them.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Texas is much bigger than Austin :)

"A CNN exit poll showed that O'Rourke beat Cruz among native Texans, 51 percent to 48 percent. In contrast, 57 percent of people who had moved to Texas said they voted for Cruz, compared to 42 percent who voted for O'Rourke."

It is CNN, so it is completely reasonable to not believe them.

That poll has been discussed ad-fucking-nauseam around here. If you know anything about respondency biases, then you understand taking something with a grain of salt.

But you’re probably another one of those Californicators saving us from ourselves again.

Rock Torrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2021
    Tx
    Most Californians are moving to Austin, Dallas, and Houston. I don't have facts to back it up, but I would be really surprised if it were not similar to the Austin demographics.

It can be clearly shown that almost all of Beto's money (between 80 and 90%) in his Senatorial campaign came from out of state, mostly from NY City and CA (especially Hollywood) and was more of an anti-Cruz than pro-Beto sentiment. The odds makers had him beating Cornyn if he had run against him, but his ego was too big, and he decided to run for the Presidency instead
    I also don't understand how you can run without using your legal name on the ballot. I don't care if he changes his name to Beto, but until then he should not be able to have it on the ballot.

Jase1125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Dallas
    That poll has been discussed ad-fucking-nauseam around here. If you know anything about respondency biases, then you understand taking something with a grain of salt.

But you’re probably another one of those Californicators saving us from ourselves again.
    Excuse the f u c k out of me for not knowing it was discussed ad nauseam. No need to be an asshole in your response. Did you not read I said it was CNN so could obviously be wrong?

No I am not from California, but right across the Texas line in Louisiana. I have been in Texas for 25 years. Texas is a fantastic place and has my conservative values and are generally friendly people. Too bad there are homegrown assholes that make incorrect assumptions too.

Jase1125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Dallas
    Most Californians are moving to Austin, Dallas, and Houston. I don't have facts to back it up, but I would be really surprised if it were not similar to the Austin demographics.

It can be clearly shown that almost all of Beto's money (between 80 and 90%) in his Senatorial campaign came from out of state, mostly from NY City and CA (especially Hollywood) and was more of an anti-Cruz than pro-Beto sentiment. The odds makers had him beating Cornyn if he had run against him, but his ego was too big, and he decided to run for the Presidency instead
    I also don't understand how you can run without using your legal name on the ballot. I don't care if he changes his name to Beto, but until then he should not be able to have it on the ballot.

Given that California is heavily in Tech, I bet most move to Austin first because of Tech there and Dallas second. I doubt many move to Houston given the industry there. I bet you are correct that votes Cruz lost were middle-of-the-road types that just voted against him and not for Beto. A ton of money from outside the state went to Beto. Lots of Hollywood types funding democrats. Same thing happened in Georgia.

My earlier statement is really around the idea that there is a slow separation of Red/Blue. Dems will go to blue states and republicans will got to red states. We really do live in two different countries in my view. I have nothing in common with democrats.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Excuse the f u c k out of me for not knowing it was discussed ad nauseam. No need to be an asshole in your response. Did you not read I said it was CNN so could obviously be wrong?

No I am not from California, but right across the Texas line in Louisiana. I have been in Texas for 25 years. Texas is a fantastic place and has my conservative values and are generally friendly people. Too bad there are homegrown assholes that make incorrect assumptions too.

I ain’t the one that brought four year old information as evidence supporting an accusation that native Texans are most likely to vote communist.

5th gen (of 6) native.

Top Bottom