• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    I was unable to find Peterson brass, so I went with Nosler. It’s for a 30 Nosler. Ive used Nosler for 6.5 Creedmoor and it was good. Both boxes have uneven chamfer and tool marks inside the necks. I was expecting better for the price. Anyone else have this happen? 14837D7A-6D36-4943-81F1-BD9323AA623E.jpeg 2A2CF971-FB2C-4E64-92C1-7D9BD076F59E.jpeg 4737CD1A-1E48-411A-929B-9F8BCD020CDA.jpeg E1C335DE-CC38-401E-AAA5-1E27FFFBDB80.jpeg
    Capitol Armory ad

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Id call them up and raise hell. That is unacceptable for the price. I havent seen that before with any of their brass that I have used. Could be a friday afternoon run? or slipping QC due to ramped up production?

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Id call them up and raise hell. That is unacceptable for the price. I havent seen that before with any of their brass that I have used. Could be a friday afternoon run? or slipping QC due to ramped up production?
    That’s what I hoping for. They’ve responded to me email and asked for pictures. If I don’t hear back by tomorrow I’ll call. Give them the chance to correct it first.
    The only brass I will pay more for is Lapua. Anything else is pick up of the ground.
    Lapua doesn’t make 30 Nosler. At least that I could find. Everything else I use is Lapua.

Reactions: MTA

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    It matters because I paid for premium brass. I don’t want to use up components to make it right.
    It will have an effect on neck tension. I want to hit little targets at 1,000 yards and further. I’m not out plinking.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Unless there are some major burrs left inside the necks of the cases from those small marks that I see in the pics, it won't affect the way the bullets shoot at all.
    Hell, Run those cases through a sizing die with an expander ball, and the marks will probably disappear.

I must say, You are the only person that I've ever known to use a 30 Nosler as a target rifle. Kind of a strange choice of cartridge for that purpose.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    My guess is for insurance reasons their quality control is way up there!

At least you got the brass. Would you be as pissed off if they didn’t ship out what you wanted?
    I’m not pissed. I’m frustrated. I want what I paid for. I was very polite in my email to Nosler and I’m not raving about it here.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Unless there are some major burrs left inside the necks of the cases from those small marks that I see in the pics, it won't affect the way the bullets shoot at all.
    Hell, Run those cases through a sizing die with an expander ball, and the marks will probably disappear.

I must say, You are the only person that I've ever known to use a 30 Nosler as a target rifle. Kind of a strange choice of cartridge for that purpose.
    The marks don’t look like much in the pics, but it’s more than I want to deal with. Some have an uneven trim. At over $1 each it needs to be right.

30 Nosler will outperform 300 Win Mag and 300 PRC in ELR. Looking for a mile shot after a little load development.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Will you be turning the necks, as with a K&M tool set? Squaring and trimming to length off the datum, as with a Giraud? Using a seater that measures neck tension, as with a 21st Century seater + arbor press + inline dies?

I ask because normal brass prep (for certain definitions of "normal" which may very well include trying to hit small things a mile away) will fix all the apparent problems with your brass prior to first firing or, at minimum, catch the problem cases the first time you try to seat a bullet.

I'm just trying to figure why these things bother you since they'll all be wiped away when you prep your brass.

That said, yes, like you, I would expect better. I just wouldn't let it bother me so much.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you don't whine about things that are wrong, nobody will notice them and fix them. Whining here is fine. Encouraged, even, under the right circumstances. Like now.

I just hope you're whining to Nosler, too. They're the ones that need to see your pics and read your legitimate complaints.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Guess I’ll go be a whiny little bitch somewhere else.

Maybe? I dont say that in a mean way but I bet the wind affects your accuracy at 1000 yards more than those imperfections you seem to be hung up on. Imperfections which every long distance nut says they correct no matter the brass because their prep is "the best" and no factory can rival it. I thought one buys brass for consistency in wall construction and longevity, your prep is the rest, right? It isnt like some people nail tiny targets at 1000 yards with mixed headstamp range pickup without any fancy prep or anything like that.

Just because expectations are different doesnt make you whiny, it helps to see perspective. At least you gave your feedback and they can reply.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Nosler brass is either norma or federal rebranded. Both of which are mediocre in the quality department imo. Nosler supposedly sorts and preps but I'm sure supply and demand have affected that to an extent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Nosler brass is either norma or federal rebranded. Both of which are mediocre in the quality department imo. Nosler supposedly sorts and preps but I'm sure supply and demand have affected that to an extent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What source did you hear this from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom