Guns International

Does anyone still use physical cash? Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I can't stand yard work. I think it's a massive waste of time, and caring what it looks like is banal vanity. A garden on the other hand is something worth spending time on.

I pay my yard guy that keeps the city and neighbors off my back in cash :laughing:

I figure I save $150/month or so. That's like two boxes of 9mm at today's prices. ;)

Worth it for me plus it's a little bit of exercise. My grass is nothing to write home about believe me.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I haven't dived into the thread in a while, but I'll repeat what I probably already said. I pay cash when I'm on the road and don't want people to know where the f*** I am.

My credit card does pay me a cash-back of up to 5% , so I use it when I can to pay bills and pay it off EVERY month.

Last year I got $3-400 cash back, IIRC.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    We use Discover for almost everything and get big cash back. Won't use a debit except for cash withdrawal. I tend to carry quite a bit of cash most of the time and often have a couple thousand in my dresser drawer. A couple of other credit cards get used occasionally and they all get paid off twice a month, at least. I don't think we have paid any interest on cards in the last 20 years.

mountainbull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2020
    montana
    when the shtf, cash will have some value but gold,silver, and lead will be the king.
    I buy silver when I can and carry cash for most everything.
    Use the company card for fuel and such.

Patience0830

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    FreeStateuv IN
    I have a debit card and I never use it. I always use a credit card and pay it entirely every month. If my debit card gets hacked, that's my money. If my credit card gets hacked, that's someone else's money.
    Debit card has the same protections as your credit card as long as you don't give away your pin.

Cash makes you think differently. And the government nor the banks can turn off your cash electronically.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    when the shtf, cash will have some value but gold,silver, and lead will be the king.
    You can't eat gold, man. Ammunition, shelf stable foods, non-hybrid seeds, fuel, and weapons...lots of weapons and even more ammo.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Cash initially, but food, water, lead, brass, tools, medical services, and to followed later by PM's. On the other side of SHTF, PM's will be king. This is my opinion of course.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    You can't eat gold, man. Ammunition, shelf stable foods, non-hybrid seeds, fuel, and weapons...lots of weapons and even more ammo.
    PM's are for those that have all the others, plenty of food, water, fuel, weapons, and Heirloom seeds. Those with PM's set pretty on the other side or when there is a medium set for exchange.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    PM's are for those that have all the others, plenty of food, water, fuel, weapons, and Heirloom seeds. Those with PM's set pretty on the other side or when there is a medium set for exchange.
    Oh I forgot to say what my zombie apocalypse job will be. A moonshiner! Private distiller that is. Liquor...good corn liquor...will be the coin of the realm, along with popular ammo calibers. 2 liters of corn whiskey for a box of 9mm.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oh I forgot to say what my zombie apocalypse job will be. A moonshiner! Private distiller that is. Liquor...good corn liquor...will be the coin of the realm, along with popular ammo calibers. 2 liters of corn whiskey for a box of 9mm.
    Add tobacco to your lineup and you'll surely have a cliental that can threaten your life every transaction. :D

Top Bottom