Does anyone still use physical cash? Why?

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 7, 2016
Hutto
Im 25, I've pretty much never used physical cash besides some garage sales. I've got a couple credit cards that have different amounts of cash back and try to get the most cash back. I have noticed that I have difficulty keeping track of my spending. It doesn't help it's spread out on a couple different cards now. I've mathed out I should be able to live off of $400 a month, but I'm way over. Which is not helping my financial goals. I wonder if I should try physical cash out for a while. With my current over budget spending I'm only getting about $200-400 a year in rewards. If I stick to my budget, the card rewards would be a fraction of savings.

Do you still use physical cash? Why do you use physical cash?

Thanks,
Higgins909

msharley

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 28, 2021
Central Pennsylvania
Hey 909,

I'm a bit (40yrs) older than you...

For the most part? Only use cash. Most outfits I deal with offer a good discount for CASH. (Saved $50 on a revolver, last month, by paying cash)

Now listen close....

If you have your mortgage thru your credit union....every week when you get paid...go and make 1/4 payment on your note...Makes for an extra payment every year...pay off your house about 10yrs sooner....

Set aside the utility bills out of one week's pay. Set aside the car payment/insurance out of another week's. Set aside grocery monies out of the third weeks pay..

At the end of the month, pay your bills...

Use your charge cards just enough to keep your credit rating good...pay them off every month (say charge your gas/fuel)...

Later, Mark

no2gates

Defund Gun Control !
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
I use it for buying ammo, guns, and magazines (or "clips" for those of you ignorant people).

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Forum statistics