Gun Zone Deals

Does anyone own a Taurus Judge and actually like it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gringo

May 30, 2020
    Houston Texas
    I have the small one......Public Defender model. It's a nightstand gun loaded with 2 rounds of Federal Defense .410 and 3 .45LC. It functions well. I have a friend that has a S&W Governor.....it WILL NOT work properly.....fire it first time and the rounds in the cylinder push aft and won't allow the cylinder to advance to the next round.....without using a knife to push them forward. Not sure what he has done with it......I'd send it back to S&W if it was mine.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have the small one......Public Defender model. It's a nightstand gun loaded with 2 rounds of Federal Defense .410 and 3 .45LC. It functions well. I have a friend that has a S&W Governor.....it WILL NOT work properly.....fire it first time and the rounds in the cylinder push aft and won't allow the cylinder to advance to the next round.....without using a knife to push them forward. Not sure what he has done with it......I'd send it back to S&W if it was mine.

That’s odd. Mine worked flawlessly.

hornd

Feb 9, 2016
    My dad has the lightweight one, and it is very comfortable to carry through the woods in rattlesnake country. Much lighter than my similar guns. Shoots easy too. I've shot 410, 45 colt cowboy loads, and 45 colt shotshells without too much kick. The grips are comfortable.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My dad has the lightweight one, and it is very comfortable to carry through the woods in rattlesnake country. Much lighter than my similar guns. Shoots easy too. I've shot 410, 45 colt cowboy loads, and 45 colt shotshells without too much kick. The grips are comfortable.

Welcome to the Forum!

Skeezix

Aug 17, 2023
    Houston
    Wanted one for a long time and never could decide between the Judge or Governor (more $$), what style and barrel size, couldn't find the right deal, etc., and never ended up doing anything. Main reason I wanted one was for snakes and also it was a little unique. Then just figured I can use rat shot in one of my 9mm or .38 and does the same thing. Never really been interested since, though wouldn't be adverse to getting one at some point.

Always heard the Governor was the better made or the two, which makes sense.
    I find myself in the same situation. Found a cotton mouth in the backyard last summer and have wondered if a Governor was the better choice. They seems harder to find but guessing the quality is higher than the Taurus plus they can shoot 45acp which I find very attractive.

glens

Feb 13, 2020
    kingsland tx. 78639
    Was my everyday carry gun when I had the 100 acre place outside La Grange Texas either working the cows or riding the fences. Killed many of copperheads out that way over the years and one sick Coyote. . Loaded it every other one with 45 LC and 4.10 6 shot. Liked mine for sure. Still have it in the safe.

scattergun6

Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    :cool: Bought this one with a blued, pitted and rusty finish as a DuraCoat project - got a lot of .410 ammo with it but have only shot 45 Colt in it so far...
    Desert Judge 2.jpg

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Would it be safe to assume that the 6 inch barrel would be a better choice for shooting 410’s then the 3 inch barrel.

This is assuming you’re not concealed carrying it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Would it be safe to assume that the 6 inch barrel would be a better choice for shooting 410’s then the 3 inch barrel.

This is assuming you’re not concealed carrying it.
    It would be slightly worse, since the centrifugal force from the rifling will cause the shot pattern to turn into a donut.

At least the 3" makes an already ridiculously big revolver slightly less big

Top Bottom