Join TexasGunTalk

Does anyone own a Taurus Judge and actually like it?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by thescoutranch, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Elm Creek Smith

Elm Creek Smith New Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    My brother has a 3" barrel, 2.5" chamber UltraLite Judge loaded with 000 buck loads that he carries in his truck when he's going to see his son in Kansas. He likes his just fine.

He did draw the line when I found him an UltraLite Raging Judge with 3" barrel and chambers, 7 of them, that held .410 or .45 Colt. The regular Raging Judge only had 6 chambers, but you could shoot .410, .45 Colt, or .454 Casull.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

2. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Love mine. Destroyed a wasp nest under my table the first day I bought it.

Even better with 00 buck shot

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Friend had one, didn't like how the pawls were machined. I bought a governor and love it!

4. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Wanted one for a long time and never could decide between the Judge or Governor (more $$), what style and barrel size, couldn't find the right deal, etc., and never ended up doing anything. Main reason I wanted one was for snakes and also it was a little unique. Then just figured I can use rat shot in one of my 9mm or .38 and does the same thing. Never really been interested since, though wouldn't be adverse to getting one at some point.

Always heard the Governor was the better made or the two, which makes sense.

Axxe55 likes this.
  5. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    Foxtrot, that pretty much sums me up as well.

I have shot my brother's Judge on numerous occasions. It's actually quite pleasant to shoot IMO.

WT_Foxtrot likes this.
  6. Old_Sarge

Old_Sarge Active Member

Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    My brother had one, shot a snake in his backyard with it once. He doesn't carry it because of size I guess. I think it's in the kitchen but he liked it

7. Fishkiller

Fishkiller Active Member TGT Supporter

Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I have one and have used it for a snakes. It is a lot on the heavy side to tote around, but it is fun to shoot. I have a stainless one and it holds 5 rounds. Not sure how good it would be for personal defence.

8. G O B

G O B School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows

Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I have the Polly 2 1/2' shell version. The bobbed handle was crap with .45LC. A new longer grip fixed that. Not a gun to use as a range whore, I do not see it holding up to 1,000 .45LC rounds. For what it is it is perfect. Shot patterns are tighter from the short barrel, and the short shell and polly frame tame the weight of the cylinder. Wear it when mowing after the wild flowers finish and the grass has gone to seed.

kbaxter60 likes this.
  9. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    That actually sounds like fun.
    Now do trap.

10. single stack

single stack Active Member

Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    If I stand right behind the trap house, I may get a few.
    From the 16 yard line, nope, can’t happen.