• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I make leather holsters.
    The problem with putting something behind the grip is that while it helps keep you from scratching yourself, it also gets in the way of getting a good grip before you pull it out.
    Extending the leather above the belt to just lower than the grip helps but still gets in the way of your fingers.
    I am out right now. I will rig something up to show what I am talking about when I get home.
    Have you tried trimming your finger nails?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I make leather holsters.
    The problem with putting something behind the grip is that while it helps keep you from scratching yourself, it also gets in the way of getting a good grip before you pull it out.
    Extending the leather above the belt to just lower than the grip helps but still gets in the way of your fingers.
    I am out right now. I will rig something up to show what I am talking about when I get home.
    Have you tried trimming your finger nails?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I don't have claws for fingernails...LOL... I read the reviews on the kholster, no longer available it seems. the reviewers mentioned having to modify their draw and the two reviewers said after a couple of days they had resolved that issue. Even if it was something no heavier than a thick\slick film I think that would accomplish what I'm wanting to achieve. The holster I have really plants the grip to my side and I like that aspect of it. I purchased a claw to use with it but it absolutely does not need a claw. For now I think I'm going to try modifying what I have. I gotta feeling I can get something to work.

JoeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    Check out N8 Tactical. They have the coverage you are looking for behind the grip. It may slightly impede your draw at first, but very quickly you get acclimated to it and you don’t know the extra material is there. I would recommend their Professional series because it has a hard shell covering the gun which makes it much easier to reholster. Another feature you may love or hate is the security lock. Drawing the gun requires a slight twist to release the gun, but again, that becomes second nature after using the holster a few times.

I have one for my Shield and it is the most comfortable holster I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    DM Bullard in azle made a leather OWB that had a full grip shield like your illustration. It does not interfere with the draw. Of course the standard disclaimer applies. YMMV

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Check out N8 Tactical. They have the coverage you are looking for behind the grip. It may slightly impede your draw at first, but very quickly you get acclimated to it and you don’t know the extra material is there. I would recommend their Professional series because it has a hard shell covering the gun which makes it much easier to reholster. Another feature you may love or hate is the security lock. Drawing the gun requires a slight twist to release the gun, but again, that becomes second nature after using the holster a few times.

I have one for my Shield and it is the most comfortable holster I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes sir... that's what I was looking for! They make a holster for my P365 but the don't list one for my FNS-9C. They do make one for the FNS-9 so maybe... I'll order one for the P365 in the morning and see what they can do for the 9C. Thanks again!

For the folks that suggest undershirt. I do construction, flooring, concrete work wearing two of any shirt simply will not work for me - not even in the winter. I do have an OWB holster for the CZ Phantom that I plan on wearing in the winter when I'm not working.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This option appears to be the solution at this point in time and really isnt a bad option.

I think this may be closer to what you seek.

0743436c316781a76e991f9b8ec7ed91.jpg

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I make holsters as well, and some of my first designs had the backer pad between the grip and the wearer's body. They didn't sell, maybe 3-5% of my total sales. Oddly, I'm currently making one like that as a special order.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    This is the problem with handguns iwb. You need a damn holster and it is hell to find one that you like. This is the great thing about open carry. I rarely do open carry but it is so much easier. Instead I frequently carry a lesser caliber in pocket carry just because it is easier. This is why we all have so many holsters. I want a gun that is the size of my KelTec p32, shoots .45 acp, has the recoil of my p32, fits in my pocket with at least 12 rounds, and never misses what I aim at. Suggestions?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    This is the problem with handguns iwb. You need a damn holster and it is hell to find one that you like. This is the great thing about open carry. I rarely do open carry but it is so much easier. Instead I frequently carry a lesser caliber in pocket carry just because it is easier. This is why we all have so many holsters. I want a gun that is the size of my KelTec p32, shoots .45 acp, has the recoil of my p32, fits in my pocket with at least 12 rounds, and never misses what I aim at. Suggestions?

Yes Sir - Give prayer a try!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I make holsters as well, and some of my first designs had the backer pad between the grip and the wearer's body. They didn't sell, maybe 3-5% of my total sales. Oddly, I'm currently making one like that as a special order.

Here's the deal for me. I'm not used to anything. Whatever I start with will seem normal to me. This style holster will work for me - I think.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Welll.... I have been being a bit facetious. I'm not a new mold to an old problem and fully expect to help support holster builders world wide as my armory grows and my taste change.

Pink Floyd has "The Wall" ! We have "The Drawer"

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I've looked at leather and didn't see any that had a shield in the grip area and were IWB holsters.

Are you aware of such a holster?
    I use OWB with a sweatshield.

Look at some of the custom holstermakers, not necessarily more expensive but often will customize if they don't have exactly what you want. May be one on this board.

Warbird leather is very good, Paul is a great guy. I have a number of his holsters.

https://paultripodi.smugmug.com/

Top Bottom