Does anyone make a holster that....

Charley

Aug 7, 2008
San Antonio
I make holsters as well, and some of my first designs had the backer pad between the grip and the wearer's body. They didn't sell, maybe 3-5% of my total sales. Oddly, I'm currently making one like that as a special order.

rotor

Well-Known
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
This is the problem with handguns iwb. You need a damn holster and it is hell to find one that you like. This is the great thing about open carry. I rarely do open carry but it is so much easier. Instead I frequently carry a lesser caliber in pocket carry just because it is easier. This is why we all have so many holsters. I want a gun that is the size of my KelTec p32, shoots .45 acp, has the recoil of my p32, fits in my pocket with at least 12 rounds, and never misses what I aim at. Suggestions?

Dougw1515

Well-Known
Jul 14, 2020
USA
This is the problem with handguns iwb. You need a damn holster and it is hell to find one that you like. This is the great thing about open carry. I rarely do open carry but it is so much easier. Instead I frequently carry a lesser caliber in pocket carry just because it is easier. This is why we all have so many holsters. I want a gun that is the size of my KelTec p32, shoots .45 acp, has the recoil of my p32, fits in my pocket with at least 12 rounds, and never misses what I aim at. Suggestions?
Yes Sir - Give prayer a try!

Dougw1515

Well-Known
Jul 14, 2020
USA
I make holsters as well, and some of my first designs had the backer pad between the grip and the wearer's body. They didn't sell, maybe 3-5% of my total sales. Oddly, I'm currently making one like that as a special order.
Here's the deal for me. I'm not used to anything. Whatever I start with will seem normal to me. This style holster will work for me - I think.

Dougw1515

Well-Known
Jul 14, 2020
USA
Welll.... I have been being a bit facetious. I'm not a new mold to an old problem and fully expect to help support holster builders world wide as my armory grows and my taste change.

Pink Floyd has "The Wall" ! We have "The Drawer"

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
I've looked at leather and didn't see any that had a shield in the grip area and were IWB holsters.

Are you aware of such a holster?
I use OWB with a sweatshield.

Look at some of the custom holstermakers, not necessarily more expensive but often will customize if they don't have exactly what you want. May be one on this board.

Warbird leather is very good, Paul is a great guy. I have a number of his holsters.

https://paultripodi.smugmug.com/

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads