DK Firearms

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE in TEXAS that the NRA IS MOVING TO??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    $0 from my wallet goes to them anymore. They got some from me last in 2012 after the gun ban talk after Sandy Hook - but they never change. Actually fighting for gun rights and winning makes them become irrelevant and donations would drop off. I actually want to see WLP strung up for his corruption and embezzlement, he's "leadership" has proven to be much like the assholes in DC - completely ineffectual at anything other than lining his and his cronies pockets.

Organizations that fight - and win - like the Second Amendment Foundation, Firearms Policy Coalition, or the GOA are who I support. I'd reconsider my stance when Wayne and Chris Cox get axed and they clean house on the board - and actual gun owners and people who are passionate to fight for our 2A rights are running things.

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm glad to hear they're moving to Texas. I hope the leadership situation gets fixed.

Right now, the 2A (and the 1A for that matter) need all the help and support it can get.

I reupped my membership the NRA again.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I am currently an NRA member. Also GOA, VCDL, and as of today Firearms Policy Coalition. Mulling over continuing my NRA membership, but the dues have gone up a lot it seems since my last renewal.

Texas Denali HD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Irving
    The NRA is re-incorporating from NY to Texas. They are going to evaluate moving from VA to somewhere else likely looking at Texas and I'd guess North Texas specifically. Several years ago LaPierre tried to get the NRA to purchase a home for him in the Southlake area. He even had one picked out. LaPierre said he needed a place outside VA for security purposes or some BS.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    oh my.jpeg

ktaylor966

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2020
    DFW
    Charlie, This may well be an EXCELLENCE chance to REFORMAT the NRA & RETURN IT to the ordinary members, who are NOT interested in "getting rich" at the expense of the membership.

yours, satx
    Donald Trump Jr is reportedly up for the title of the next NRA President. I hope so, that’s a good way to stick a middle finger toward the Left!

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Please then tell us exactly what they have been doing for gun owners for the last ten or fifteen years?

What exactly have they accomplished?

Where were they in defending against "bumpstocks" being banned?

Like I said, if you want to support the NRA, that's entirely your business and none of mine. But, the vast majority of my family left the NRA several years ago, and won't send one dime on support until they clean house and make some major changes in the organization.

I assume you are quite young and don’t recall the days when only a few states had concealed carry. Now virtually all states do. Perhaps you missed the NRA passing laws in most states preserving the right to hunt with traditional ammo, preserving hunting land, castle doctrines, etc.... The list is endless if you bother to look or pay attention. Without the NRA it is unlikely you would have any meaningful rights at this point. When is the lasting you heard a politician attack GOA. No one even knows who the are because they don’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ll just leave this here:

When the NRA Supported Gun Control

NRA has backed most state gun laws passed since Sandy Hook

The NRA Supported Gun Control When the Black Panthers Had the Weapons

The surprising history of the NRA

Today's gun control debate has echoes of 1934 — when the NRA supported legislation

Top Bottom