• ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    @Sam Colt
    Maybe I missed it, but what brand freeze dryer do you have, and are you happy with it. After reading this thread I think harvest right went to the bottom of contenders for me.
    Target Sports

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The mass influx of shit reviews seems to be from the last 14-15 months.
    I suspect that the machines going out to individuals are getting whatever boards, condensers, Chinesium parts in general that they are able to get while their pharmaceutical grade dryers are being built with the higher quality parts that they have stockpiled from before the jacked up supply chain.
    This would explain this retarded email from them.
    Seriously. A repaired unit is more likely to function perfectly than a new unit? Seems like they are rolling the dice with the Chinesium parts and doing the repairs with parts set aside for pharmaceutical units.

Just my theory.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    We’re using the same Harvest Right. There were several on the truck when ours was delivered last year. They can’t keep up with orders.

i feel bad for Hoji. Ours has been trouble free, but the latest reviews are telling.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Oh, and we ran 4 28oz cans of whole tomatoes Friday, and followed that with 2 three pound batches of Skittles today.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oh, and we ran 4 28oz cans of whole tomatoes Friday, and followed that with 2 three pound batches of Skittles today.
    The skittles thing has me baffled. Mediocre candy that turns awesome when freeze dried, lol. There was a guy on another forum that paid for his medium unit in about 4 hours with freeze dried skittles sold at a table at a show( don’t know what kind of show) said he sold over 200 bags of candy in about 4 hours.
    Makes me wish ours worked.
    We are looking into maybe getting together with 5 or 6 other people and spending $30,000 on a large commercial unit and making a business out of it.
    A “manager” from harvest right is supposed to call Mrs. Hoji today. We decided that if he makes any effort at all we may give them a conditional chance.
    Conditions are ( at a minimum)
    1) 5 year 100% warranty on unit and maintenance free pump
    2) they send us a second maintenance free pump so we do not have to stop when pump #1 has to go in for service

don’t know what else so if y’all have any ideas holler.
    Chances are we just say “screw it, keep the machine and give us our money back”
    If they try to keep 15% ($630) my goal is to make it the most expensive $630 they have ever stolen.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The skittles thing has me baffled. Mediocre candy that turns awesome when freeze dried, lol. There was a guy on another forum that paid for his medium unit in about 4 hours with freeze dried skittles sold at a table at a show( don’t know what kind of show) said he sold over 200 bags of candy in about 4 hours.
    Makes me wish ours worked.
    We are looking into maybe getting together with 5 or 6 other people and spending $30,000 on a large commercial unit and making a business out of it.
    A “manager” from harvest right is supposed to call Mrs. Hoji today. We decided that if he makes any effort at all we may give them a conditional chance.
    Conditions are ( at a minimum)
    1) 5 year 100% warranty on unit and maintenance free pump
    2) they send us a second maintenance free pump so we do not have to stop when pump #1 has to go in for service

don’t know what else so if y’all have any ideas holler.
    Chances are we just say “screw it, keep the machine and give us our money back”
    If they try to keep 15% ($630) my goal is to make it the most expensive $630 they have ever stolen.
    I wish you the best. If you get that business started and would like any information not just on the unit but other processes and equipment and how Oregon freeze dry did things that’s from me to you for free.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I wish you the best. If you get that business started and would like any information not just on the unit but other processes and equipment and how Oregon freeze dry did things that’s from me to you for free.
    Thanks! Just in the bouncing ideas around stage right now

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    6 lbs of sliced strawberries Monday. Today we ran 5 lbs of sliced raw mushrooms.

The new firmware has a candy mode. We ran a crap ton of Milk Duds. They get 1x2” in size, like a golf ball, and turn out light and crunchy. Amazing. Caramel clouds. We call them Puff Duddies. 10 have 170 calories. 2 or 3 makes a decent dessert.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    6 lbs of sliced strawberries Monday. Today we ran 5 lbs of sliced raw mushrooms.

The new firmware has a candy mode. We ran a crap ton of Milk Duds. They get 1x2” in size, like a golf ball, and turn out light and crunchy. Amazing. Caramel clouds. We call them Puff Duddies. 10 have 170 calories. 2 or 3 makes a decent dessert.
    So glad yours works as advertised. May hit you up to do some fresh eggs in yours soon;)

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Is there such thing as a budget friendly freeze dryer? I’d like to get one but at $2k+ I’m not sure I wouldn’t be better off just buying the food already freeze dried.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    You say 2-3 make a decent dessert? That is why I use to weigh 295lbs

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I misspoke. 10 have 130 calories. As big as they get, that’s a lot.

il_1588xN.2748572695_58vm.jpg

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I know this thread is pretty old, but it seems like freeze dryers are becoming more popular and seeing more people selling freeze dried candy now at events and such.
    My wife is like Willy Wonka with candy on her freeze drier, but does about 25% of the time do freeze dry foods for us for food prepping. It's replacing the stuff we have that's canned or such that has a limited lifespan, and it takes up less space.
    Anyone else replacing their prep food with freeze dried food?

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    As long as this is resurrected , the shit reviews on the BBB site have grown exponentially for Harvest Right
    I've heard others on Reddit with issues cropping up either immediately, or within running a few cycles.
    The one we got has been flawless since December.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I've heard others on Reddit with issues cropping up either immediately, or within running a few cycles.
    The one we got has been flawless since December.
    I truly believe that those who got working machines are the exception and not the rule. For anyone who missed it, this is the email response we received from HR when we said we just wanted a new, replacement machine for the broken one they sold us for $4200-
    1713569281020.jpeg

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I truly believe that those who got working machines are the exception and not the rule. For anyone who missed it, this is the email response we received from HR when we said we just wanted a new, replacement machine for the broken one they sold us for $4200-
    View attachment 447414
    It's cheaper for them to get it repaired than shipping both ways. It's bullshit they wouldn't replace it.
    You must have ordered a big one. Ours was only $2800. It's a medium with a premier pump.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pericomtz
    Top Bottom