• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Several years ago I got a 357 mag Henry which has been a nice rifle. I added 44 mag and 45-70 Henry rifles to the group a short time later.

txmechanic

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    springtown texas
    no' i own the 38/357 cowboy rifle lever action. its bad side is its in shorter barrell .i believe this was considered a teen's rifle. it is jw stamped and will knock a deer on its butt big time!!stamped jw.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    no' i own the 38/357 cowboy rifle lever action. its bad side is its in shorter barrell .i believe this was considered a teen's rifle. it is jw stamped and will knock a deer on its butt big time!!stamped jw.
    You keep mentioning a JW stamp. You mean JM correct? Also a short barrel. Is it an SBR?

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    spr? im dumb again' whats a spr? i do know mines a short barrell.
    An SBR is a short barrelled rifle as defined by the ATF. If the bbl is less than 16.0" it is an SBR and you must register it with the ATF and buy a $200 tax stamp for the privilege.

Is your gun an SBR or does it have a short stock making the overall length short?

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    spr? im dumb again' whats a spr? i do know mines a short barrell.
    spr isn't a thing. SBR is legally defined to be a thing that 'causes trouble with federal registration requirement messiness.

I believe you are describing a carbine length barrel. A carbine has a short barrel that is long enough to escape federal registration requirements.

You aren't dumb at all. Our federal registration requirements ARE dumb.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    spr isn't a thing. SBR is legally defined to be a thing that 'causes trouble with federal registration requirement messiness.

I believe you are describing a carbine length barrel. A carbine has a short barrel that is long enough to escape federal registration requirements.

You aren't dumb at all. Our federal registration requirements ARE dumb.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

Well, SPR *is* a thing - but its totally different than an SBR.

SPR = Special Purpose Rifle - like the Navy's Mk 12. Its a rifle meant for a designated marksman.

txmechanic

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    springtown texas
    An SBR is a short barrelled rifle as defined by the ATF. If the bbl is less than 16.0" it is an SBR and you must register it with the ATF and buy a $200 tax stamp for the privilege.

Is your gun an SBR or does it have a short stock making the overall length short?
    no' they made a 38/357 marlin in long gun and 1 in kids style that is shorter barrel length bt is perfectly legal.. but is about the 16 threshold. which is the 1 i have , there very rare n hard to even find anymore

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    (just found this thread but wanted to respond....) Yes. I have a Martini Cadet, formerly in 310 Cadet, which I sent off to a 'smith and had rechambered in .357 Magnum. Great fun! Love those single shots....

Attachments

• Martini Cadet 357.jpg
      Martini Cadet 357.jpg
      673.9 KB · Views: 52

txmechanic

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    springtown texas
    no' they made a 38/357 marlin in long gun and 1 in kids style that is shorter barrel length bt is perfectly legal.. but is about the 16 threshold. which is the 1 i have , there very rare n hard to even find anymore
    true' i think mine is kids style' havent measured barell yet..so not sure, but it shoot better than any rifle ive ever shot.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    (just found this thread but wanted to respond....) Yes. I have a Martini Cadet, formerly in 310 Cadet, which I sent off to a 'smith and had rechambered in .357 Magnum. Great fun! Love those single shots....

We have rules around here.

Rule#1 Pics or GTFO. :-)

Top Bottom