• ...and so much more!
  • tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Ironically, the Remingtons did improve the last 6 months before they went out of business. I too am looking fwd to Ruger’s take on the 94.

Years ago in the 80's I had a Ruger carbine in 45acp. I was into reloading and didn't like scrambling to pick up cases. I won it at IHMSA region one championship as a door prize. Sold it to guy moving to Alaska.

neat, was it a lever gun? i have a marlin that uses 1911 magazines but it’s a semi auto.

The Rossi .357 I got lately is so hard to load I barely can get a shell in. I would preferred a tube loader. Can the loading gate spring be replaced with a different one?

I learned that Rossi sometimes used the same spring in their shorter magazines. Pull the magazine cap and measure your spring (especially if your Rossi is a short bbl model).

Some say it needs to only be 3” longer than the tube.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    neat said:
    It was semi auto
    Ironically, the Remingtons did improve the last 6 months before they went out of business. I too am looking fwd to Ruger’s take on the 94.

neat, was it a lever gun? i have a marlin that uses 1911 magazines but it’s a semi auto.

I learned that Rossi sometimes used the same spring in their shorter magazines. Pull the magazine cap and measure your spring (especially if your Rossi is a short bbl model).

Some say it needs to only be 3” longer than the tube.
    It was semi auto, empty cases were being thrown every which way

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Years ago in the 80's I had a Ruger carbine in 45acp. I was into reloading and didn't like scrambling to pick up cases. I won it at IHMSA region one championship as a door prize. Sold it to guy moving to Alaska.
    What model? I can’t remember Ruger having a .45 ACP carbine.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The Rossi .357 I got lately is so hard to load I barely can get a shell in. I would preferred a tube loader. Can the loading gate spring be replaced with a different one?
    I don't know what to say. I've had zero issues loading either of mine. One from the mid 80s, one from the mid 2000s. The gates are firm, but that's what I expected.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Model 77 rotary mags are simple and easy to load as well as drop n swap.

Sied gate is a pia on my30-30 94 winchesters(both over 70yrs old) and time/use does not make um easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Mine was the same way, and the opening was sharp as hell too. I took it all apart and stoned a chamfer on the opening and bent the back spring section of the loading hate to make it easier. That helped a lot. The other feeding issue I had, was there was a ridge inside of the receiver that would catch the mouth of .357 round's brass. More polishing work (gently with a dremel) helped that a lot.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Thanks for the information. I took the magazine spring out and cut 3 coils off. That help a lot. Maybe take one coil off at a time. It is the 16'' barrel so it may have the spring for the 20''.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I've got a Rossi 92 to pair up with a .357 Ross 4 inch. I also recently picked up a Henry in .41 to go with my Blackhawk. PAX

D6AA0BED-C8F7-40AC-A82A-765BCCBD1C67.jpeg

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Picked up a Remlin 1894C last year. Very happy with it. Own about 8 revolvers in 357 and reload for it. Very fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I've got a Rossi 92 to pair up with a .357 Ross 4 inch. I also recently picked up a Henry in .41 to go with my Blackhawk. PAX
    I have the trapper length Rossi 92 .357 and it really is fun to shoot. I installed peep sights and got rid of the stupid safety they started putting on the top of the receiver on the new models. I trimmed the spring on the loading gate so it’s easy to load and installed a weaker spring on the ejector so the spent casings don’t fire off 6ft in the air. They now pop up a few inches then fall to your feet. There’s an expert gunsmith and a reknown authority with the 92 lever actions who sells a DVD that will walk you through how the lever actions work, and he’ll give you tips on how to slick up the actions.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    The .30-30 thread made me curious.

Do you own a .357magnum caliber rifle or carbine?

I've got a Marlin 1894 and a Ruger 77/357.
    Got this old school Ruger .357 on 44 mag frame with Leupold scope (feds made me take the dragoon stock off) not a long gun just could not resist showing my fav bang stick

Attachments

• Ruger (2).jpg
      Ruger (2).jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 59

mylar17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Pflugerville
    I've got a Henry Golden Boy. Also wish it was side gate loading, but its my wife's favorite rifle to shoot. Very smooth and surprisingly accurate

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I've got a Henry Golden Boy. Also wish it was side gate loading, but its my wife's favorite rifle to shoot. Very smooth and surprisingly accurate
    Henry is now offering some of their levers with the loading gate. Not sure is .357 is one of them but I know the .30-30 is

Top Bottom