• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have never been the smartest guy, but by the age of 23 I knew living in the shadow of Chitcago was for me!

I still for the life of me cannot understand friends and family staying! I’m still pretty close to a friend of my parents who often said my dad was impressed with the fact I left.

I once again reiterated living in Illinois(especially Joliet) is like dying elsewhere.
    Gun Zone Deals

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I know a guy in AZ that open Carrys an AR pistol just to scare the sheep. Looks like hand solo with his holsterd blaster.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I feel your pain. I lived behind the iron curtain in NJ for a few years after my stint in the military

I got stopped by a cop while I was hunting legally in a WMA there and when questioned what I was doing, I replied " On my way to rob a bank" He didnt think that was funny. Yea buddy let me tell you I am up to something with my shotgun loaded with 7.5 shot and my bright orange vest. That place, like every other blue state, is ridiculous with everything. I moved over to PA for a year and it was much better and the hunting was great. Finally got a job offer to come home to Texas and here I am

There are only two things that are good from NJ, the food and the Italian women. I miss the food and I tagged out on the latter when I lived there :laughing:

First and foremost, I absolutely stay from Blonde Women! They are DANGEROUS and deceptive by nature. My firs wife was blond and Swedish by family. After a few years she wanted me dead! I was in intensive care for several days and she almost succeeded! After that I exclusively dated red heads and got that out of my bucket list quickly. Now I have wonderful Brunette and we have been together 37 years.
    Anyway if you have a CCW (Illinois does NOT recognize and other State's Permits) and you are in your vehicle you are required by law to inform the officer that you are a CCW permit holder and are carrying a weapon. with both hands on the steering wheel until you receive instructions. Non compliance can get your CCW revoked and one heck of a finem along with an arrest record. Most of the cops are really good to permit holders and I have been thanked for my cooperation. Cops get shot around here pretty often.

Reactions: MTA

Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    I get the old cut down hand ejector out on the left and wear it. It still shoots quite well and it gets a lot of "what is that". I call it the Smython. Looks good in it's Brauer Bros holster from days gone by. So many people have never heard of 32-20 and I mention that it's a cartridge that Robert Johnson wrote a song about.

It started out as a 32-20 hand ejector with target sights, some gunsmith cut it down and added a short home made vent rib with front sight.

Attachments

• cutdowns.jpg
      cutdowns.jpg
      429.6 KB · Views: 64

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Ordered a Pietta 1858 DLX TEXAS NICKEL ENGRAVED .44 8 " UI today. I wanted a show gun for the first time. I wanted a birth year something or other. Mad John made some suggestions and after looking around I found this. Texas commemorative will do in place of birth year. Have to get a nice holster for it too. It ought to draw a few comments when carrying.
    PF58TNE448UI.jpg

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I get the old cut down hand ejector out on the left and wear it. It still shoots quite well and it gets a lot of "what is that". I call it the Smython. Looks good in it's Brauer Bros holster from days gone by. So many people have never heard of 32-20 and I mention that it's a cartridge that Robert Johnson wrote a song about.

It started out as a 32-20 hand ejector with target sights, some gunsmith cut it down and added a short home made vent rib with front sight.
    The old .32-20 WCF was an extremely popular cartridge and still available. I have a couple Winchester '73's in .32WCF and somewhere around here is a 7 1/2 inch Colt Bisley Models. Your Schmidt sounds like fun.... Lol

Top Bottom