Texas SOT

Do we have a sidearm compliment bragging thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Where I live you must conceal your handgun when out ditzing around in public. You'd be unlikely to get anything but stark terror & a 911 call or some other gun guy nicely telling you, "Ps-s-st...your slip is showing, Mister." No compliments in this neck of the woods.

But I do have me some handguns I'd like to brag about. But I'll try to find another thread and slip them in all humble like. What's the point of having 3 Gwards, 2 Leet Cannons, 3 CZ-82's, a dozen DS's & Cobra's, drool-worthy New Services and a couple of Colt's in .32 Colt Long?

Nice thread, BBL. Thanks.
     8-|
    So ya got any Colt SAA?
    Venture Surplus ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So you're saying that if I pick the dress, heels, and purse to match the gun of the day - that's gay? Should it be the other way around, pick a gun that matches the day's dress? What gun goes well with a nice floral print summer dress? How about formal wear - you know, a little black pencil dress, knee highs, and cowgirl hat? :laughing:
    I'm at a loss. Anything I say and I'll be labelled a transphobe.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Where I live you must conceal your handgun when out ditzing around in public. You'd be unlikely to get anything but stark terror & a 911 call or some other gun guy nicely telling you, "Ps-s-st...your slip is showing, Mister." No compliments in this neck of the woods.

But I do have me some handguns I'd like to brag about. But I'll try to find another thread and slip them in all humble like. What's the point of having 3 Gwards, 2 Leet Cannons, 3 CZ-82's, a dozen DS's & Cobra's, drool-worthy New Services and a couple of Colt's in .32 Colt Long?

Nice thread, BBL. Thanks.
     8-|

If you don't want to talk about compliments, here's a thread to show off handguns....

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm at a loss. Anything I say and I'll be labelled a transphobe.

I dunno how many here would start throwing that around, but its not like it'd be the worst thing in the world to be called!

First time I saw a tranny up close & personal, I was working as a security monkey at a 24 hour cafe that had video poker machines. They kept getting robbed (it was the...rough...part of Portland - you might be familiar with Shari's? It was the Delta Park Shari's right off I-5 & Marine Drive in Portland) - the state told them they had to have armed security or they'd pull their license for the gaming machines.

We had two guards there, so my crusty ass old supervisor (good guy, former .mil and IIRC LEO before he 'retired') and I are flanking the cash register, when a frickin group comes in tooootally dragged out - they'd just been at the "Mister Gay Portland" pageant and the winning drag queen / tranny comes in, surrounded by a cackle of other dudes fully dressed. All had the hair, the over-done makeup, dresses, purses, heels. My supervisor was starting to do that involuntary wretch thing.

Oooh the tirade he went on after they left, thankfully not any other customers in ear shot. Poor dude would've probably lost his job right away, but needless to say he was *not* impressed. This was before "cancel culture" really took off - but Portland was already lost and I'm sure those dudes would've caused a huge stink had they heard even the tamest comment made about them. Dunno why, but those guys always have to exaggerate all the female qualities, even going Ultra Karen when regular Karen is the most a thing may warrant. God forbid they'd just shrug off any comments.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    First time I saw a tranny up close & personal,...
    First time I saw a tranny up close & personal, I had been set up on a blind date with him.

I burst out laughing, gave him a hug and congratulated him on the fact that he passed so well he had fooled the person who had set us up.

I told him "Y'know, you really should let her know what you are so this sort of thing doesn't happen again." He kinda hung his head and said "Yeah, I know."

I went on "You realize this isn't my sort of scene, right? And you know I mean no offense by that, right?" He was very apologetic with "Oh, I realize you didn't know and I don't hold it against you at all. I guess I need to be a little more forthcoming with more folks."

We shook hands and parted. The whole meet-up lasted less than a minute.

Oddly enough, he decided shortly thereafter to stop living a double life, with half the people he knew thinking he was male and the other half thinking he was female. He came out to everybody. His church was very supportive; I think they probably didn't want to lose the best voice in their choir. :) With their help, he was able to get into a much better place, mental health-wise.

The last I heard of him, he was doing quite well. I wish him the best.

But it won't bother me at all if I never run into him again.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    benenglish,

You are a very kind and generous man.

Some guys making such a discovery may have beat the ever looking crap outta him...

The left makes such a big deal out of 'trannies' being some sort of exotic nobility, when in fact their life posture is just another form of mental illness.

Top Bottom