• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've dealt with a lot of snakes (some even Reptilian) ok, I keed, I keed....

So, do they?

Yes, of course I've seen some go into curled up strike mode, but go backward...hmmmm?

What say you?
    Gun Zone Deals

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Hahahah... don't bogart that joint my friend....

They have no reverse gear and can't parallel park either!

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    As long as part of their body is firmly anchored on the ground or attached to something. Then yes, they can move that part of their body that is in front of the anchored portion backwards.

Now if you are talking about a snake cruising along forward, no it can not move the SAME way in reverse. But it can stop and pull the front portion of its body back. But it can not move the tail portion backwards along with the rest of the body. But they can move various parts of their body independently from the other.

I can get more nerdy and technical, but I don’t think you are asking for that.

ETA: sorry, I don’t mean to make absolute statements, though I believe that they are true. I should have said, “in my experience and observations“.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It’s got to do with the way the scales are built on their belly. They are only designed for forward movement.

Of course some rattlers have a sideways gear.

Best to just shoot them in the face either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    It’s got to do with the way the scales are built on their belly. They are only designed for forward movement.

Of course some rattlers have a sideways gear.

Best to just shoot them in the face either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Soooo.... they actually could parallel park?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Pavlov is sitting at a pub enjoying a pint, the phone rings and he jumps up shooting “oh shit, I forgot to feed the dog!”

OK, I gotta million of em...that I stole!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    OK, just one more: Jean-Paul Sartre is sitting at a French cafe, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness. He says to the waitress, “I’d like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream.” The waitress replies, “I’m sorry, Monsieur, but we’re out of cream. How about with no milk?”

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    As long as part of their body is firmly anchored on the ground or attached to something. Then yes, they can move that part of their body that is in front of the anchored portion backwards.

Now if you are talking about a snake cruising along forward, no it can not move the SAME way in reverse. But it can stop and pull the front portion of its body back. But it can not move the tail portion backwards along with the rest of the body. But they can move various parts of their body independently from the other.

I can get more nerdy and technical, but I don’t think you are asking for that.

ETA: sorry, I don’t mean to make absolute statements, though I believe that they are true. I should have said, “in my experience and observations“.
    I take it you have met my first ex-wife. I hope you can afford food very soon.

Top Bottom