• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Very cool, I used to frequent Woot all the time a few years ago.
    These would be good for the shoot next month....

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Those look like great fun but it would be a gray area on our club rules. I won't do anything to risk losing my membership.

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm curious Flash, what's the gray area?

That's a good question and just for grins went back into our club rules to review them. Our rules state that every bullet must impact the berm after leaving the target. Shooting at a target laying on the ground near the berm will result in a bullet impact into the berm after striking the ground. I just don't think that it would fly and I'm not willing to push the issue. Laying the bouncing target on the berm would work but sooner or later, it would roll down the berm where the bullets will strike the ground first. Anything laying on the berm must be no higher than 6 feet above ground level.

A couple of our many club ranges allow metal reactive targets. On reactive (metal) clingers/gongs, they must be designed so that a bullet impact is deflected downward into the berm. Simplified, the metal target must be hinged/hung from the top of the target so it swings and deflects downward. If it's hinged at the bottom, the shot deflects UP.

It sounds picky but it's just common sense stuff, really. The club is very safety conscious but especially because we had our former facility closed over alleged errant bullets. They'll simply revoke your membership and they have done so in the past.

One guy hung shotgun patterning targets to a tree then blasted shxt out of the tree. He's gone. There are deer and hogs everywhere. Shoot one and you're gone.

Flash

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Seems to me a bouncing target at the "base" of the berm accomplishes the goal but hey, your club. :)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sold out.

I know y'all are too poor to buy'em at full price so just forget about it and move on.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Sorry about my posts. I missed it that your thread was a "for sale" item as I picked up the thread from the "new posts". I shouldn't have dumped on your for sale thread........sorry.

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom