• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texwmson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2022
    Spokane WA
    Despite what Google Maps and Google Earth indicate, there is NO shooting range at the map location depicted by the word “DLF Shooting Range”. This is private property, owned by my family since 1972. I have petitioned Google to remove these indicators on our property, without avail so far. It appears someone unknown to our family decided that would be a good place to shoot and took it upon themselves to create a range on our property without permission. We are currently seeking to contact that individual.

I understand that folks might have been lead into misunderstanding the actual situation, so I’m not faulting anyone who found the “DLF Shooting Range” indicator on Google and visited the site. Going forward, however, I do ask for your assistance in clearing up this misleading situation.

Please refrain from visiting this property and/or using it as a shooting range. The cleanup left to us by trespassers is substantial. Please give my family, and the other property owners nearby, enough respect to find a place to shoot where you have the owner’s permission.

Thank you.
    Texas SOT

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Meh, no worries tex. You won't catch any of "US" out there.

Anyway, based on the google pin location that area is starting to get closer and closer to the Chaparral community.
    Our monthly shoots have been taking place west of your area up 404; at the dedicated range. I can assure you we are not on your property.

FYI, I recommend that you put up some signs though...
    That entire parcel is still open range, and there is almost nothing that can be done for people that don't know your wishes... With no fences or signs, well it's just something that will keep occurring until there is something there to enforce it. I recommend, calling the Sheriff's department and letting them know that you want people off of your land.

texwmson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2022
    Spokane WA
    Meh, no worries tex. You won't catch any of "US" out there.

Anyway, based on the google pin location that area is starting to get closer and closer to the Chaparral community.
    Our monthly shoots have been taking place west of your area up 404; at the dedicated range. I can assure you we are not on your property.

FYI, I recommend that you put up some signs though...
    That entire parcel is still open range, and there is almost nothing that can be done for people that don't know your wishes... With no fences or signs, well it's just something that will keep occurring until there is something there to enforce it. I recommend, calling the Sheriff's department and letting them know that you want people off of your land.
    I figure that’s the case re: responsible shooters, but I was lead to the site by the OP’s question and felt it should be answered. As for signage, I agree. Unfortunately I live out of state, and every sign we’ve installed gets torn down shortly thereafter. In fact everything has been torn down or stolen out there, including our barn. You can still see the cement foundation that used to be our barn until someone came and actually stole it! So, keeping up with the reprobates takes more time than I can devote, but it’s still necessary to establish ownership and maintain the premise of it being private property. We chase folks off the property any time we find someone there, but that isn’t as often as I’d like. In the meantime. I’m reduced to trying to keep the internet from making it look legitimate. Thanks for the response!

Top Bottom