DK Firearms

Dishonorable for troops refusing the vaccine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I was in Space Command 98-02. Never got a flu shot and don't recall anyone else doing it either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The only annual thing I remember they requiring of us was the bicycle test.

Now that you mention that I do remember being hassled about dental checkups, but I was never forced to do that. Only went to the dentist once as part of the separation checklist.
    Yeah, I waived my dental separation check because I wanted to get my damn DD-214 and go on separation leave so I could start looking for a civilian job. We were sailing for GTMO the next day and the XO said if I didn't get out processed, I'd have to go with the ship. He was probably bluffing, because they already had orders from SECNAV directing them to process me by Sept 30 and it was Sept 23. They would have had to helo me off or fly me back from GTMO and take it out of the ship's budget. I shared a stateroom with the comm officer and I used to be one too. I told him to look out for my orders because I knew they were coming, so he made a copy for me, though the original goes to the CO/XO first for officer out processing. It's not like it was any big secret. I had a regular Navy commission and you had to resign one year in advance of when you wanted out. The the next 364 days was a big F U from the lifers to the guy getting out (me).

9 months later my civilian dentist said I need two crowns and even with my work dental insurance it was $1500 I didn't have. Could have got it done at the VA if they documented it.

"Your dedicated service to your country and to the United States Navy, is greatly appreciated, and by the way pay for your own damn crowns." :roflfunny:

-SECNAV
    Guns International

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    After basic/AIT/OCS the only shots I ever saw was before deployment. After deployment ... morphine. Now, during 48 years of VA healthcare, gotta refuse multiple vaccines at every damn visit.

Way things are going, won't be long if you refuse the election virus vaccine you'll risk your VA healthcare/benefits. Don't put that past the woke leftist ... they hate all Patriots, especially those who served.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I was in Space Command 98-02. Never got a flu shot and don't recall anyone else doing it either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The only annual thing I remember they requiring of us was the bicycle test.

Now that you mention that I do remember being hassled about dental checkups, but I was never forced to do that. Only went to the dentist once as part of the separation checklist.

I believe you. The *worst* I saw come out of not getting the flu shot was stern talking unless there were other issues at play. I don’t know all the history behind it, but here’s verbiage that’s similar to what I’ve seen in the past that comes from one of the references in the kickoff.

Policy Implementation. It is DHA’s guidance, pursuant to Reference (g), that All Active Duty, Selected Reserve, and National Guard personnel are required to receive the annual seasonal influenza immunization or obtain an exemption (i.e., medical or administrative), with a goal of 90 percent immunized by January 15th of each year. The Services may indicate earlier dates for the 90% completion goal in the enclosed Service-specific appendices.

Here’s the source link: https://health.mil/Reference-Center...9-2020-Seasonal-Influenza-Vaccination-Program

Top Bottom