Hurley's Gold

Dishonorable for troops refusing the vaccine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Whether planned or not it sells lot's more vaccine and does sift mostly conservative people from the force.
    Exactly. Again, it may sound conspiracy theorist but I think the Democrats hate and or fear the fact that the oaths of the military say defend the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic plus it says that BEFORE it says obey the orders of the President and officers.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Statistically it’s the black community that is most resistant to the vaccine last I saw…

Well it’s really the whole non-white pop that’s resistant.
    3a9a92620f0c99950825c0a68bce6ec8.jpg

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    A dishonorable discharge can only result from a felony federal conviction at a general court martial. So for every person they want to give this to, they will have to convene a general court martial and get a conviction. At absolute most w/o a court martial they could get an OTH general administrative discharge which doesn’t count as a criminal conviction and even those are hard to get on officers.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    A dishonorable discharge can only result from a felony federal conviction at a general court martial. So for every person they want to give this to, they will have to convene a general court martial and get a conviction. At absolute most w/o a court martial they could get an OTH general administrative discharge which doesn’t count as a criminal conviction and even those are hard to get on officers.
    That's what I was led to understand. I believe Biden, our whomever is talking in his ear, is talking out his ass. More scare tactics.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

To be fair, BCD is the other punitive discharge, is available to a Special or GCM, and isn’t subject to the same restrictions on offenses however precedent for BCD is time served for an offense.

That path would also be stupid to go down for a number of reasons, primarily in that the BCD (and the DD) is solely for enlisted personnel; officers face dismissal solely by GCM as the only punitive discharge. But, that’s the path that was taken for some of the folks who refused Anthrax.

The really, really dumb part of what was said was that it will he construed by defense counsel as unlawful command influence.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    To be fair, BCD is the other punitive discharge, is available to a Special or GCM, and isn’t subject to the same restrictions on offenses however precedent for BCD is time served for an offense.

That path would also be stupid to go down for a number of reasons, primarily in that the BCD (and the DD) is solely for enlisted personnel; officers face dismissal solely by GCM as the only punitive discharge. But, that’s the path that was taken for some of the folks who refused Anthrax.

The really, really dumb part of what was said was that it will he construed by defense counsel as unlawful command influence.
    Officers can be tried at special courts martial, but they are misdemeanor federal courts only and BCD and one year confinement or less is max punishment. The convening authority is at least a one star for officers. I almost was on a SCM when I was in the Navy, but I was an officer on the same ship as the accused (enlisted) so they kicked me off in the military equivalent of voir dire.

JLMcC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Considering the paperwork involved in processing a dishonorable discharge, several thousand soldiers could gum up the works quite nicely.....
    It's probably something I am reading into the comment but the idea that "...processing a dishonorable discharge, several thousand soldiers could gum up the works quite nicely." seems a cavalier frickin' attitude about our military service members. It's more than gumming up the works, it is about ruining their lives and totally sh!tting on those people's contribution to America's well-being. Joe "STFU "cause I am President" Biden should not be allowed to disparage America's military members service much less ruin their lives. He is a petty tyrant with lots of other demagogues trying to tatter our country and sell the remnants to the highest bidder.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    It's probably something I am reading into the comment but the idea that "...processing a dishonorable discharge, several thousand soldiers could gum up the works quite nicely." seems a cavalier frickin' attitude about our military service members. It's more than gumming up the works, it is about ruining their lives and totally sh!tting on those people's contribution to America's well-being. Joe "STFU "cause I am President" Biden should not be allowed to disparage America's military members service much less ruin their lives. He is a petty tyrant with lots of other demagogues trying to tatter our country and sell the remnants to the highest bidder.
    It's not just paperwork. A dishonorable discharge requires a General Court Martial conviction of a 'felony' level UCMJ offense. A GCM is the military equivalent of a jury trial. Several thousand would keep the JAG corps busy for 50 years. Service members being threatened with a DD can simply assert their right to a trial by GCM, or a DD can not be given.

JLMcC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    It's not just paperwork. A dishonorable discharge requires a General Court Martial conviction of a 'felony' level UCMJ offense. A GCM is the military equivalent of a jury trial. Several thousand would keep the JAG corps busy for 50 years. Service members being threatened with a DD can simply assert their right to a trial by GCM, or a DD can not be given.
    I am retired military, I know the process and I know that a dishonorable discharge is akin to ripping off someone's head and crapping down their neckhole just to show them you DON'T CARE! THAT is my point. Paperwork be damned! The Pretender in Chief doesn't know where he is or how many donuts makes a dozen but he will be allowed to trash people's lives on his capricious incognizant idea of how a person of conscience, a free American citizen, can be treated like scum because he says so!!! WTF I'd tell you what I really think but it would get ugly.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Do you think they will do OTHs for vaccine refusers?

magock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Killeen

They let the jackass who deserted, went to East Germany, and made treasonous statements against the U.S. get out with an other than honorable discharge about '86. Now, Biden says refusing the vaccine should be a dishonorable discharge?
    OTH

magock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Killeen
    I am retired military, I know the process and I know that a dishonorable discharge is akin to ripping off someone's head and crapping down their neckhole just to show them you DON'T CARE! THAT is my point. Paperwork be damned! The Pretender in Chief doesn't know where he is or how many donuts makes a dozen but he will be allowed to trash people's lives on his capricious incognizant idea of how a person of conscience, a free American citizen, can be treated like scum because he says so!!! WTF I'd tell you what I really think but it would get ugly.
    Yeah that's what you said when they injected you with about ten different shots a basic training right

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pericomtz
    Top Bottom