• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I didn't get the Veteran label on my DL because I didn't know about the option until after I was at the counter and didn't have my DD214 with me. I figured I'd never really been asked for an ID so I could get any sort of a discount so no big deal, I'll just do it next time.

I was at Cavenders yesterday picking up a new pair of boots and a couple of shirts. The cashier asked me if I was in the Marines (likely due to my ball cap that said so). Then she said, "can you prove it?"

Having never been asked that before I just stared at her for a second and said what? She said if you can prove you're a vet I can give you a 10% discount. I renewed my CHL earlier this year and the new LTC is stamped Veteran on it, so I pulled that out and showed it to her and said this says I'm a Vet.

She didn't even bat an eye. Just looked at it like it was any other form of ID, said that works, and gave me a 10% discount.

Anyone know of other stores that offer a discount for non-active or non-retired Vets? I kinda like getting those discounts.
    Randy's Bar and Grill , Flames Restaurant, Brookshires Grocery in Granbury all discount for vets

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    That's good to know. I hadn't even thought about Waffle House.

jonevill,

I think of WH often & am SAD that there are NONE in The Alamo City, as I'm fond of their waffles with eggs/sausage/coffee for late night breakfast.

yours, satx

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Altho mentioned long time ago, to let new viewers know - Lowe's gives a 10% discount, but you must register on their website (easy to do). Then whenever you check out, you just give them your phone number.

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    4ffd0278a88061b159efac1909eb7448.jpg

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    For anyone who hasn't run across it yet. ID.ME is a website used my many companies to verify military/first responder or whatever service. Some companies offer some pretty good deals online with an ID.ME verification.

I learned about it when trying to buy some stuff at Carhartt. They offer a 25% discount for military / veterans if verified through ID.ME.

I've been getting emails from them for the past week since it's apparently military appreciation something or other. Lots of folks are having extra discounts right now.

LinuxAssailant

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2020
    Soon to be Texan
    T-Mobile offered about a $15 discount with their Magenta Plus Military (.MIL Active/Vet.) plan vs. their Magenta plus plans.
    (You do have to submit your orders, OR a DD-214 to qualify for the .MIL plans.)

I literally (as I was typing this) just upgraded to their Magenta® MAX Military for 40GB of tether EACH PHONE (starting next month), from my current unlimited (50GB/phone w/20GB/phone tethering) Plus.MIL plan.

Their current Magenta® MAX Military (~$150 for my plan w/4 phones) is a whopping $60 cheaper than the Magenta® MAX (~$210 my quoted price w/4 lines) and 40GB of tether(PER PHONE)!

Their First Responder plans (Cops and Medical-related [EMT etc. I assume]?) contain a hellofalot more of a savings, @$105 for 4 lines, from what I am reading, but I am not, which is about $5 LESS than 1/2 price.

Last edited:

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Maybe old news but, Good Will USED to give Vets, First Responders etc a discount. They quit a couple months back. New management. Prices went up significantly too.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I served from 1965-1968 Army. They never gave us a veterans card. I do have my DD-214 and my VA medical ID that I use at my VA clinic for concussion damage to my ears. I don’t know if they give us old guys veteran cards.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I served from 1965-1968 Army. They never gave us a veterans card. I do have my DD-214 and my VA medical ID that I use at my VA clinic for concussion damage to my ears. I don’t know if they give us old guys veteran cards.
    You use your DD-214 to get "Veteran" on your Driver's L:icense and LTC. That will work with everyone giving Veteran's discounts.

Some like Lowe's ask you to register one time online, they use an online verification service, then after that, you just give them your phone number a checkout.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    You use your DD-214 to get "Veteran" on your Driver's L:icense and LTC. That will work with everyone giving Veteran's discounts.

Some like Lowe's ask you to register one time online, they use an online verification service, then after that, you just give them your phone number a checkout.
    Cool, I’ll do it. Thanks

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Hey, you can get a Veteran's certification on your Texas drivers license by showing DMV your DD-214 most places accept that for proof of service.

Top Bottom