• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Bought a generator at Northern tool today. Cashier said she needed to see my DL and credit card to make sure they matched for a large purchase like this. She checked the names and then flipped the DL over and scanned the back. I had a $20 coupon that I used also.

She asked me if the generator was for personal use and I said yes. When it rang up, the total after tax was less than the price listed. I thought it must have gone on sale and they didn't have the sale tag up. When I checked the receipt when I got home, it has a 10% military discount listed on it.

I don't know if she saw the Veteran stamp, or if the scanner picked it up.
    wait did she check your id for the discount? or for some other reason??
    Gun Zone Deals

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    It was an interesting time but glad I am gone from it! Joined the Navy to keep from going to 'Nam but ended up running the rivers and working at Market Time for a year. Had some good friends there, found I was a big fan of the Marine Corps, they teach leadership and responsibility. I never went overseas on a ship.
    Thanks for discount info, will use it!

My doctor doesn't like it when I tell him the best Doc was a 19 year old Navy Corpsman.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    If you have the option, you might consider getting your service emblem on your credit card. I have the EGA on mine, and it usually prompts the cashier to ask if I want their military/veteran discount, when I didn't know they offered one.
    When I drag in there with bloodshot eyes and reeking of rum the just say good morning Marine. LOL!

Since it has become socially acceptable to be a vet do you get approached by pretenders?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    wait did she check your id for the discount? or for some other reason??

To match it to the credit card for the large purchase. I didn't even know they offered a discount, but either her or the scanner picked up on the veteran stamp and gave it to me.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To match it to the credit card for the large purchase. I didn't even know they offered a discount, but either her or the scanner picked up on the veteran stamp and gave it to me.

F350-6,

In my experience in TEXAS, IF they do NOT offer a GI discount, ASK. = As of today, my lady has NOT been turned down for a 10% or more off on purchases, except at HEB.
    (The MGR at our local HEB told her, sometime last week, that the company is currently considering offering a discount to veterans & their whole family, because a lot of other major supermarket chains DO discount..)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    When I drag in there with bloodshot eyes and reeking of rum the just say good morning Marine. LOL!

Since it has become socially acceptable to be a vet do you get approached by pretenders?

Coop45,

UNCLE SAM'S MISBEHAVING CHILDREN are usually easy to spot.
    (Around SATX, a USMC sticker on your car is often regarded as a "Get out of jail free card".)

Fwiw, my old friend RUSS (who is 81YO was decorated for bravery in RVN X4) was recently stopped on suspicion of DWI by BCSD "for weaving".
    (He was actually having a "mild seizure problem" of some sort.) The BCSD deputy took Russ to the hospital & stayed with him until he saw the ER doc.
    Another BCSD deputy went & picked up Russ's wife & took her to the ER.
    (His wife turned down the 2 of them being picked up to return home but she did agree for a deputy to drop her off to get their car.)

REAL PATRIOTS celebrate/revere the service of our USMC veterans.

yours, satx

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Jack in the Box offers a senior discount of 20% but no vet discount. Just got the vet discount at Lowe's on new carpet for the house.

JIB always gives me 10% and has since I joined in 2003. They even used to have stickers one the windows. Whatever employee told you they dont is an idiot.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Apple and Samsung both have veteran stores online with, I believe, 10% discount. Shouldn't be a problem to get in it stores too with ID.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

FWIW, GOODWLL of San Antonio's ELECTRONICS SHOP offers 20% discounts to GIs/ex-GIs on both their NEW & REBUILT items.

Their flat-screen TVs, PCs & laptops generally have ONLY the outside case & screen that are NOT new parts & the prices are LOW..
    (I recently bought a REBUILT TV with a 44x32" screen there for 35.oo.)

yours, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Carhart offers 25% discount on their website. You have to use the id.me thing to get it, but online pricing is about the same as in most stores, so 25% is pretty big.

Top Bottom