• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I save enough with Lowe's 10% military discount, when buying material for lake house projects/repairs, to easily pay for the big bottle of Pinnacle 100 proof vodak ...

And even the old hag sourpuss at the contractor checkout smiles and says TYFYS.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I save enough with Lowe's 10% military discount, when buying material for lake house projects/repairs, to easily pay for the big bottle of Pinnacle 100 proof vodak ...

And even the old hag sourpuss at the contractor checkout smiles and says TYFYS.
    Ahh another gentleman I see. I use and abuse that lowes military discount. Lowes has been great to me especially when I need something I cant find/get at my local hardware stores.

They also do their discount online which Home Depot does not

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    You can get branch designation on the DL now? When did that start?

I don't know. My brother renewed and he had it with "Marines" so mine came due and I added it too. You need your DD214 or LTC card with it on there for proof you are a veteran. They would not accept my photo on my phone of my DD214. Luckily they did accept the LTC card with it on there. Saved me a trip back.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I don't know. My brother renewed and he had it with "Marines" so mine came due and I added it too. You need your DD214 or LTC card with it on there for proof you are a veteran. They would not accept my photo on my phone of my DD214. Luckily they did accept the LTC card with it on there. Saved me a trip back.

Mine doesn't expire for a few more years, but my LTC expires next year. Any idea if you can get the designation on that too, or just the DL? Both are already marked Veteran, so adding it should be simple one would think (unless one has been in the military and understands how f'd up the government efficiency really is)

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    The range I go to lost my license and when I went to go get a replacement, the lady asked if I wanted my branch on there as well. She remarked that this is a relatively new option. Not sure on the LTC but I am guessing it will be allowed on there too

Pablo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2015
    I didn't get the Veteran label on my DL because I didn't know about the option until after I was at the counter and didn't have my DD214 with me. I figured I'd never really been asked for an ID so I could get any sort of a discount so no big deal, I'll just do it next time.

I was at Cavenders yesterday picking up a new pair of boots and a couple of shirts. The cashier asked me if I was in the Marines (likely due to my ball cap that said so). Then she said, "can you prove it?"

Having never been asked that before I just stared at her for a second and said what? She said if you can prove you're a vet I can give you a 10% discount. I renewed my CHL earlier this year and the new LTC is stamped Veteran on it, so I pulled that out and showed it to her and said this says I'm a Vet.

She didn't even bat an eye. Just looked at it like it was any other form of ID, said that works, and gave me a 10% discount.

Anyone know of other stores that offer a discount for non-active or non-retired Vets? I kinda like getting those discounts.
    I found that if you use Xfinity (Comcast) as your internet provider they offer a military appreciation. I got a $25 credit to use toward my bill. Also if you are signing up or renew your contract, you will get $100 visa after you have had your account 90 days. Hope that helps y'all out with a $125 freebie for your service!
    Pablo1

atxb0rn1620

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Academy Sports now gives Veteran discounts!!
    They also give the discount for online purchases. Discois good for firearms too.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Academy Sports now gives Veteran discounts!!
    They also give the discount for online purchases. Discois good for firearms too.

Well I wish I would have known this earlier. I just spent money there today. I thought they only did that on Veterans day and maybe 4-July.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    https://www.academy.com/discount

mobile.jpg

TO REDEEM IN-STORE
    Simply present your military, first responder or healthcare professional ID at checkout.
    Offer valid 6/21/20-9/11/20 in-store and online. Not valid on Yeti products, licenses, services, gift cards, sales tax, shipping & handling, exchanges, store credit or previous purchases. Cannot be combined with other offers, discounts, or coupons. If you return a portion of your purchase, a portion of the discount will be lost and refund will be for the price actually paid. Customers must either present a valid First Responder ID, Military ID, Medical ID, National Provider Identification Number, or State License Number at checkout or show proof of online verification in order to receive the discount. All active, non-retired, non-volunteer Health Care Professionals, Police Officers, Firefighters, and Emergency Medical Technicians, active duty and reserve military members (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard and the National Guard), retired or discharged veterans (discharged includes honorable, under honorable condition, or general, dishonorably discharged will be excluded), and immediate family members (spouse and/or dependent children up to 18 years old) are eligible. Advertising does not imply endorsement of Academy Sports + Outdoors by any branch of the U.S. Military. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. Selection, prices, offers, and exclusions may vary online and by store. No rain checks. Academy Sports + Outdoors reserves the right to limit quantities. This offer is subject to change, alteration, or termination by Academy Sports + Outdoors at its sole discretion at any time.

Attachments

• mobile.jpg
      mobile.jpg
      21.3 KB · Views: 861

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    TMobile has a veterans family plan we use. 6 people at $20 a month each for pretty much unlimited everything. Soon to be 5G too as soon as I can upgrade my Pixel3XL to a Pixel5G later this year it looks like.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I am an old Army veteran. I am personally glad when stores ask people to prove they are a Veteran.
    I was at a local Taco Cabana several months ago. I was in line behind a fellow. Taco Cabana has a sign as you walk up to order that says "military veterans get a 15% discount. The guy walks up to order and says he is a veteran. The cashier takes his order and gives him the discount. He walks away. I order and sit at a table near the other guy. I am always interested in meeting other Vets, so I asked him what branch of the military he was in. He said none, he just wanted the discount. I had to explain that I was a Veteran and I didn't appreciate him using a benefit he didn't earn.
    But that is just me.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Bought a generator at Northern tool today. Cashier said she needed to see my DL and credit card to make sure they matched for a large purchase like this. She checked the names and then flipped the DL over and scanned the back. I had a $20 coupon that I used also.

She asked me if the generator was for personal use and I said yes. When it rang up, the total after tax was less than the price listed. I thought it must have gone on sale and they didn't have the sale tag up. When I checked the receipt when I got home, it has a 10% military discount listed on it.

I don't know if she saw the Veteran stamp, or if the scanner picked it up.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Just surprised to see that one of the perks of serving your country has just about reached parity with civilian economy.

I know that times have changed, but shopping the exchanges years ago resulted in big savings for servicemen and their families versus buying on the economy.

Then again, I think my base pay when I was drafted in '66 was about $102/month.

Before the all volunteer army, the PX had good stuff cheap. The Top would make you change clothes if you tried to wear jeans to town.

Top Bottom