Discounts for Veterans

karlac

Gone fishin' ...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2013
WestU, TX
I save enough with Lowe's 10% military discount, when buying material for lake house projects/repairs, to easily pay for the big bottle of Pinnacle 100 proof vodak ...

And even the old hag sourpuss at the contractor checkout smiles and says TYFYS.

MTA89

CEO of Systemic Racism INC.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
I save enough with Lowe's 10% military discount, when buying material for lake house projects/repairs, to easily pay for the big bottle of Pinnacle 100 proof vodak ...

And even the old hag sourpuss at the contractor checkout smiles and says TYFYS.
Ahh another gentleman I see. I use and abuse that lowes military discount. Lowes has been great to me especially when I need something I cant find/get at my local hardware stores.

They also do their discount online which Home Depot does not

lightflyer1

May 2, 2015
You can get branch designation on the DL now? When did that start?
I don't know. My brother renewed and he had it with "Marines" so mine came due and I added it too. You need your DD214 or LTC card with it on there for proof you are a veteran. They would not accept my photo on my phone of my DD214. Luckily they did accept the LTC card with it on there. Saved me a trip back.

F350-6

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
May 25, 2009
I don't know. My brother renewed and he had it with "Marines" so mine came due and I added it too. You need your DD214 or LTC card with it on there for proof you are a veteran. They would not accept my photo on my phone of my DD214. Luckily they did accept the LTC card with it on there. Saved me a trip back.
Mine doesn't expire for a few more years, but my LTC expires next year. Any idea if you can get the designation on that too, or just the DL? Both are already marked Veteran, so adding it should be simple one would think (unless one has been in the military and understands how f'd up the government efficiency really is)

MTA89

CEO of Systemic Racism INC.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
The range I go to lost my license and when I went to go get a replacement, the lady asked if I wanted my branch on there as well. She remarked that this is a relatively new option. Not sure on the LTC but I am guessing it will be allowed on there too

Pablo1

Oct 28, 2015
I didn't get the Veteran label on my DL because I didn't know about the option until after I was at the counter and didn't have my DD214 with me. I figured I'd never really been asked for an ID so I could get any sort of a discount so no big deal, I'll just do it next time.

I was at Cavenders yesterday picking up a new pair of boots and a couple of shirts. The cashier asked me if I was in the Marines (likely due to my ball cap that said so). Then she said, "can you prove it?"

Having never been asked that before I just stared at her for a second and said what? She said if you can prove you're a vet I can give you a 10% discount. I renewed my CHL earlier this year and the new LTC is stamped Veteran on it, so I pulled that out and showed it to her and said this says I'm a Vet.

She didn't even bat an eye. Just looked at it like it was any other form of ID, said that works, and gave me a 10% discount.

Anyone know of other stores that offer a discount for non-active or non-retired Vets? I kinda like getting those discounts.
I found that if you use Xfinity (Comcast) as your internet provider they offer a military appreciation. I got a $25 credit to use toward my bill. Also if you are signing up or renew your contract, you will get $100 visa after you have had your account 90 days. Hope that helps y'all out with a $125 freebie for your service!
Pablo1

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
The Optic Zone
DK Firearms
RPR Range

Latest posts