• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    The state allows a county and a city to regulate discharge of weapons within their jurisdiction. As far as counties go, the regulation of discharge of a weapon by a county is only for land owned under 10acres, if the land is more then 10 acres and is not within city limits, then they may not regulate the discharge of a weapon.

Now for the question of Denton County and the city of Denton.

NEITHER the county or the city have any laws regulating the discharge of a weapon, other then public disturbance caused by noise, and that the projectile may not leave the confines of the property.

Thus even if you have less then 10 acres and they fall within the city of Denton.(I have a friend that owns 7 acres within the city of Denton). You may fire your weapon.

Recommendations... don’t fire at nighttime where the noise could be considered a public nuisance. My friend with the 7acres has a neighbor that will complain if he target practices after 9pm & before 8am, but doesn’t mind/care if he target shoots any other time.

I live in Lewisville, they don’t have any ordinances either. I am going to build a shooting range in my backyard. Using a couple of shipping containers and semi-sound proof them and putting a bullet trap at the end of them. I will also make a dirt burn on each side and cover with a garden to reduce exterior noise and to “bullet proof” the sides as well.

All will be legal and safe.
    DK Firearms

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom