• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    There is a known issue with the ejector in the Victory similar to what you've described,TexMex247. Fortunately, I never had this issue with my standard Victory. These aren't my images, but you might give this consideration and perhaps research it more, but it'san easy fix. YMMV

Attachments

• S&W SW22 Victory attachment-2.jpg
      S&W SW22 Victory attachment-2.jpg
      62.5 KB · Views: 97
    • S&W SW22 Victory attachment.jpg
      S&W SW22 Victory attachment.jpg
      27.4 KB · Views: 104

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You spelled S&W Model 41 wrong.
    Apparently neither of you knows how to spell "Pardini".

Seriously, though, the 10" MkII came into being so that silhouette shooters could more conveniently shoot from the Creedmoor position. It's a nice bonus that they're so accurate and reliable but for its original intended purpose, there's no better .22LR pistol.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Just read through this whole thread, I had a similar experience with my M&P 15-22. I purchased it new in January, took it to the range and couldn't get through even one mag without jamming, FTF and stove pipes. Jumped on the internet and found it was a common issue, even 22 Plinkster had this problem with his. The fix was simple though, just tapped the ejector rod down a bit with a brass punch and it was cured 100%.

Then I started to notice that accuracy wasn't that great, my Ruger MKIV 22/45 pistol was more accurate than the rifle. Found a few threads on the internet then found a video on YouTube that showed the barrel nut would come loose and cause issues with accuracy. I put the rifle away after that and only got back into it just recently after I ordered a free floating hand guard from Tacticool22. I was expecting my barrel nut to be loose when I disassembled it, turns out it wasn't. However, after I reassembled it with the new hand guard and barrel nut it shoots like an entirely different rifle now. Smith specifies 20 ft lbs of torque on the barrel nut, I went with 25. I'm guessing the torque from the factory was not correct or it just needed to be backed off and retorqued like with a standard AR barrel. Whatever the case it cured the accuracy problem to the point that I ordered a new scope with higher magnification for it.

Yeah, seems like Smith & Wesson needs to pay more attention to quality control these days. I think their QC is getting behind or cutting corners trying to fulfill all of these gun orders and a few guns have slipped between the cracks. This is the the first Smith I've ever had a problem with so I can look past it, I just hope they don't continue down this road.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Third time must be the charm. I went out again today and it ate up the golden bullets like candy. Probably due for a proper cleaning now. Accuracy was fair not great which I take some credit for as I didn't rest it but my ADE green dot is also getting finicky the more I mess with it. The adjustment screws have no tension, then kinda hit a point of resistance. Still not sure if it will stay on it.

Overall I'm confident the bugs are all worked out mechanically. The magazines have smoothed out with use. It's ejecting properly and consistently. The golden bullet I've been using isn't exactly high performance ammo so I think there's room for improvement.

While fixing the play in the upper I also noticed the take up and over-travel screws hadn't been adjusted at all from the factory. Just another indicator that this one went right from assembly line to the box. Smith and Wesson really dropped the ball on this one. If it was a run of the mill victory I'd say it's forgiveable but once again for a performance center gun I expected more.

After a few hundred more rounds I'll send an informative email to SW. Whether it falls on deaf ears or not will be a good indicator of where the company is headed.
    Good to hear you've got the bugs worked out of the pistol although it should have been done at the factory.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well I thought I worked out all the bugs on the PC victory but on my last outing the top rail came loose and it was shooting like a shotgun. I also had the flash suppressor start to loosen. Sadly this thing has had maybe 1 in 5 flawless range trips. I honestly can't recall any firearm I have ever owned that had so many issues. After I had it humming last summer I thought I was done dicking around with it.

I really want to love it but I was also bothered to find out my speed loader that works for both my Buckmark and my Ruger's doesn't for the victory. I have a decent supply of vc3 so I'm going to give the top rail and muzzle device the treatment and keep fingers crossed.

I knew I was rolling the dice but really wanted to add an ultra lite to my collection. Now I'm thinking I should have stuck with a Buckmark. Overall, I'll always be a Smith and Wesson supporter but may shy away from paying performance center money ever again.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well I thought I worked out all the bugs on the PC victory but on my last outing the top rail came loose and it was shooting like a shotgun. I also had the flash suppressor start to loosen. Sadly this thing has had maybe 1 in 5 flawless range trips. I honestly can't recall any firearm I have ever owned that had so many issues. After I had it humming last summer I thought I was done dicking around with it.

I really want to love it but I was also bothered to find out my speed loader that works for both my Buckmark and my Ruger's doesn't for the victory. I have a decent supply of vc3 so I'm going to give the top rail and muzzle device the treatment and keep fingers crossed.

I knew I was rolling the dice but really wanted to add an ultra lite to my collection. Now I'm thinking I should have stuck with a Buckmark. Overall, I'll always be a Smith and Wesson supporter but may shy away from paying performance center money ever again.
    What a piss off. Thanks for sharing this though. I have been looking at this exact gun for awhile. Guess I will go with Ruger or Browning

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Happy to share MTA89 or at least as much as I can be. I had the well known barrel nut issue on my TRR8 too which was another performance center disappointment. I can highly endorse the latest gen Buckmarks as myself, my GF and her brother have several Buckmark plus visions and contours and they run very reliably. I would give them a slight edge over Rugers which sounds like blasphemy as I write it but they really do run and shoot great.

Also to be perfectly fair I don't have any Rugers newer than gen 3s so had I owned a newer generation gun the scales could easily tip. Actually if I took my mkiii hunter out I bet they'd be dead even. Ok well definitely go Buckmark or Ruger you won't regret either.

Reactions: MTA

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well, I did break an extractor on my 10” MKII stainless the other day. I am a little disappointed as it was only on about round 20K when it broke ;)

One of my 5.5” MKII target models broke a firing pin after about 100,000 rounds as well so they are not without their issues.

;) lol

Reactions: MTA

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Happy to share MTA89 or at least as much as I can be. I had the well known barrel nut issue on my TRR8 too which was another performance center disappointment. I can highly endorse the latest gen Buckmarks as myself, my GF and her brother have several Buckmark plus visions and contours and they run very reliably. I would give them a slight edge over Rugers which sounds like blasphemy as I write it but they really do run and shoot great.

Also to be perfectly fair I don't have any Rugers newer than gen 3s so had I owned a newer generation gun the scales could easily tip. Actually if I took my mkiii hunter out I bet they'd be dead even. Ok well definitely go Buckmark or Ruger you won't regret either.
    For what it's worth - I've been a little frustrated with my Buckmark. It only likes hot ammo. With standard velocity stuff, it will cycle the slide and eject the spent case, but not cycle far enough to re-set the trigger. I'm going to take a couple of coils off of the recoil spring and see if that fixes it. My Rugers run everything flawlessly.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    If I had decided to ship it to them I wonder if they would have adjusted the trigger screws too? Either way I think it's all downhill from here.

I recently got a Walther Colt Railgun & have been pretty happy with it. If you need a new .22 plinker I would consider one as an option.

Top Bottom