• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bprifle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2014
    Finally had an excuse to drive the hour or so north to check out Shiloh. After hearing the show a while back about the sig brace, I decided to pick one up & while checking it out might go ahead & get a trigger for my shield. Called ahead & was told it was in stock. After driving up there I got some mediocre service and dumbfounded looks. "Nope....we don't have any but I can order one for ya" but I drove 70 miles I say..... There is one on display behind the counter guy so I ask if I could buy that one. "no can't sell you that one, but you can order it"

Gained and then lost a new customer in the same day.

Still love the radio show, but won't make that drive again.
    Hurley's Gold

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd let Jeff, the owner, know. Sounds like it was an honest mistake. It's unfortunate, but sometimes it happens. Jeff is a good guy though (one of the few genuine ones I've met in this industry), and I'm sure he'd make it right.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Me too. Went once talked to a couple of employees, left and never looked back. Never think much of lazy businesses that expect me to sort their brass for them, so they can make more money, and not even be nice about it.

profound thinking about stuff

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Bprifle, first off, thanks for listening to our show and making the drive out to the range. We appreciate you giving us a chance. I apologize we did not have the brace in stock when you got there. We sold a bunch of those, and the assembled pistols over the last couple weeks. I honestly believe we sold the last one between your call and your arrival. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our customers, and our employee SHOULD HAVE taken the brace off the receiver and wrapped it up for you. He would've done that had I been there. We've had a little bit of employee turnover lately and I believe the young man you spoke with thought he might get in trouble if he were to remove the brace from the lower on display. In any case, if you have not bought a Sig brace yet, I'll gladly wrap one up and ship it to you for the dealer cost of the brace to help make up for the gas money you burned on the way out to us. I can throw some extensions in there for you as well. If you're interested, PM me and I'll get your info. Once again, thanks for listening and thanks for the patronage! Shoot Straight!
    Jeff

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    45tex,
    its unfortunate that you didn't receive treatment up to your standards on your one visit to our range. I can assure you of a couple of things. 1. We value each and every customer, especially those that treat us as we would like to be treated. 2. Our company is anything but lazy, and I take great offense to that statement. Myself, 2 full time and one part time employees work our butts off to help customers, keep a clean facility, and make sure everyone walks out with the same number of holes they started with. While not successful 100% of the time, we are pretty damn close. 3. We have never expected, nor asked, any customer to ever sort their brass for us. I can't even fathom what you meant by that statement. Lastly, I see you have brought my business into a conversation about another range that has nothing to do with us, so you can disparage the name that we work hard for. "If its bad Shiloh is going to be involved in one way or another. There is just something about them that tells me to stay away." What the Hell does that even mean???What could we possibly have done to you to make think, after one, short visit, that we are involved in "bad things"? Do we smuggle guns to cartels? No, the government handles that. Do we have a history of shady dealings? No, our ATF field agent says our record keeping makes his job easy on him. No missing lowers or phantom serial numbers here. Do we take payment and not deliver? Not once, not ever. Do we have low ratings on Google or Yelp because we treat customers poorly and the bad stuff we must be involved in? No sir, our ratings are excellent because we strive to do things right. Do we screw up once in a while? Sure. It happens. Usually when the owner has gone home for the day. When a screw up does happen, rest assured we will do everything we can to make it right. Our employees care and have a passion for their job, but no one cares as much as the family who owns the range. If you have a problem with us, or how you were treated, please come talk to me, or even email me, and voice your concern. Heck, I'll give you a free range pass for bringing it to my attention. My name is Jeff. I'm at the range Tues-Sat. I certainly appreciate that more than unfounded internet bashing.

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm going to say this very clearly, in case anyone is on the fence. As far as I'm concerned, Jeff and Shiloh's reputation is beyond all reproach. I've met a lot of people in this industry, and Jeff is one of the few who I admire and consider to be a genuinely good business owner (and friend) and asset to the industry. Every business/employee makes a mistake once in awhile. The difference is in how those mistakes are ultimately handled.

So if anyone is going to spread rumors or throw out unfounded accusations, you better think twice.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Ever wonder why there are so many places that sell the same things? Because, thank God, everybody is not you. We all see things our own way and have our own experiences. By the way you were one of the less than friendly people I met on my one and only visit. Not impressed. Another reason not to go back.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Ever wonder why there are so many places that sell the same things? Because, thank God, everybody is not you. We all see things our own way and have our own experiences. By the way you were one of the less than friendly people I met on my one and only visit. Not impressed. Another reason not to go back.

This is Mac Sanford, Jeff's brother, and employee of the range. I can only applaud Jeff for taking the high road on this and responding with an honest, complete rebuttal, and representing Shiloh and what we are about with 100% accuracy.

I, on the other hand, do not possess the class and calm demeanor as my brother, so please be forewarned that I am speaking as Mac Sanford, individual, not Mac Sanford "Shiloh Employee" or Representative thereof.

Having worked at the range since we opened in October of 2007, I can tell you that not one, single, solitary time, have we requested that someone "sort their brass". That is a bold-faced LIE. If you notice, we strive to keep our ammo prices very competitive. We are within a dollar or two of the big name chain stores. Most ranges have a much higher mark-up on ammunition, but we chose to make it as affordable and as readily available to our customers as possible. Keeping stocked during the ammo-lean times is a full time job in itself, and one that we take very seriously. We sell some new, and some remanufactured ammo. The brass that we send to be remanufactured goes to them in the same, conglomerated, unsorted, 55-gallon drum that you see in the range, behind the shooter.

If by "sorting your brass", you mean "brass only", then yes. That is NOT because we remanufacture our ammunition and are "too lazy" to separate the steel, as that can be done VERY simply using a magnet. That is because steel cased ammo can be a FIRE HAZARD to an indoor shooting range.

PLEASE FORGIVE US IF WE DON'T WANT OUR BUSINESS LIVELIHOOD TO BE CONSUMED IN FLAMES IN A MATTER OF SECONDS BECAUSE YOU CARE SO LITTLE ABOUT THE WELL-BEING OF YOUR FIREARM, THAT YOU PREFER TO SHOOT CHEAP, CORROSIVE, SPARK-INDUCING CRAP.

To accuse ANY Sanford of laziness, will induce the same reaction as if you slapped our mother. ESPECIALLY with me. I watched our father work himself into perpetual physical pain for my entire life. I witnessed my dad and Jeff build this business from scratch, turning an old antique shop into a place where shooters are ALWAYS welcomed with friendly banter and a genuine appreciation for their business. I have not worked less than an 80 hour work week since I joined the workforce at a young age.

The ONLY time that Jeff is anything but cordial and friendly to a customer, is when that person comes into the store doing something that they should NOT be doing, and then being a complete ASS about it when corrected. That kind of behavior will incite a less than cordial response, as GUN SAFETY IS NOTHING TO TAKE LIGHTLY. Ignorance to basic safety and gun-handling is tantamount and foremost in a facility in which everyone is armed. I would love to expand on the circumstances behind your claim of being mistreated, but since you are nothing more than an anonymous, trolling, chickenshit, coward, I will save my breath and finger strength.

If you want to discuss this any further, then identify yourself and the specifics of your allegations, or we will simply write you off as a either a trolling employee of a rival business, or as the coward, shroud in anonymity, that you presently are.

-Mac Sanford

Last edited:
    Top Bottom