Lynx Defense

Did you notice that a month went by with permitless carry allowed in Texas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I mostly OC, unless it is somewhere I need to CC, like at work. Or it's cold, and I'm wearing a jacket.
    The reason I don't open carry is I don't want anyone to know I have a gun on me. Nothing wrong with OC, it's just the way I feel about it. Around here I have yet to see anybody open carry, I figured I would have seen it by now.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You would think over two months later you could rustle up a decent gun fight or shoot-out.

But NO! Can't get one for nothing around here. Old widow woman down the street still just laughs at me!
    Is this her?
    B665C196-55FB-480F-8CB7-145828A49B56.jpeg

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    If I thought it would cause a liberal to vapor lock, I'd carry open every day!
    Tried that once in Memphis. Several member of a gun club walked into a starbucks while open carrying. It was almost worth the price of their coffee to see the expressions on the faces of the liberals (customers and workers). I haven't been in a starbucks since.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's rare that see anyone open carry except at a range. I usually conceal to prevent a liberal from vapor locking at the sight of a gun.
    You might be surprised. My open carry experience has been a nonissue. Although it's kinda rare that I see others open carry, if there has been a lot of reaction to my open carry, I haven't noticed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You might be surprised. My open carry experience has been a nonissue. Although it's kinda rare that I see others open carry, if there has been a lot of reaction to my open carry, I haven't noticed.
    Honestly, I'm just not seeing hardly anyone open carrying. Every once in a while, I might see some older guy with a small revolver on a belt holster.

nairb2580

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Occasionally I will se someone open carry but its still pretty rare. Maybe once every 3 or so months. I know its legal now to carry open or concealed but I still fell like I will get into trouble. I am easing into it by carrying in a sticky holster in my pocket here and there. I am starting to feel more comfortable lately.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cowboy9up10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2019
    US
    Occasionally I will se someone open carry but its still pretty rare. Maybe once every 3 or so months. I know its legal now to carry open or concealed but I still fell like I will get into trouble. I am easing into it by carrying in a sticky holster in my pocket here and there. I am starting to feel more comfortable lately.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yea I don’t see anyone really with a side arm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Glad that's been the case for you and I hope it stays that way.

I've seen some videos on youtube where open carrying led to the armed citizen getting assaulted by a bunch of punks from behind, utlimately leading to him getting stomped and disarmed.

I recall there's one that Active Self Protection channel featured that shows a guy ordering something at restaurant and had his pistol taken from him within seconds.

I'm not saying it's going to happen to everyone, but I think there's a risk of it happening to anyone.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom