Patriot Mobile

Did you notice that a month went by with permitless carry allowed in Texas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but was your son on his private property? From the way you are telling the story, I'm going to make that assumption.

Your son had no obligation to have to show his LTC being private property, and had no obligation to turn over his handgun to be "checked" out without a warrant.

Exactly this being the way our rights are eroded, is with complying with LE officers making unlawful demands of citizens.
    Axxe,
    No he was not on his property. My Daughter in Law was parked in the driveway and they have a boat on the other side, so he was parked in the street in front of his house. It was really no problem for him as he actually knew the responding LEO. He had met him at the gun range he goes to.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Axxe,
    No he was not on his property. My Daughter in Law was parked in the driveway and they have a boat on the other side, so he was parked in the street in front of his house. It was really no problem for him as he actually knew the responding LEO. He had met him at the gun range he goes to.
    But he was still on private property for all intents. He committed no criminal act, so he was under no obligation to show his LTC or surrender the weapon to be "checked" out to see if it was stolen.

And if the officer had been doing his job properly, he should have told the busy-body filing, or making a false claim is criminal offense, and should have cited her, or him.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Not completely. There are still a lot of restrictions surrounding their permitless carry as well.
    You are missing the sequence of the thread. It was said without a LTC I couldn't carry outside of the border of Texas. I can carry CC in Texas, drive into Oklahoma and still legally carry. Not NM or LA. Not debating Oklahoma CC restrictions.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    You are missing the sequence of the thread. It was said without a LTC I couldn't carry outside of the border of Texas. I can carry CC in Texas, drive into Oklahoma and still legally carry. Not NM or LA. Not debating Oklahoma CC restrictions.
    Right any cc state that allows non residents to cc.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Potato, tomato. I understood what was meant by having a license and travelling out of state, arguing semantics just deviates from the discussion.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas

Well to be precise, your post didn't follow the original sequence of the thread either, did it, LOL.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Ah, but if you bring this up to a leftist, they'll trot out the tired old "myth of the good guy with a gun" argument. See, if an armed individual stops a mass shooting, then there wasn't a mass shooting so it doesn't count. If there is a mass shooting, but an armed citizen stops the shooter, then the armed citizen didn't do enough and therefore guns don't stop mass shootings.
    Mind. Blown. LOL.

Had an echo of "if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

We don't hear about the mass shootings that don't happen. LIke the mass shooting that didn't happen in Ft Worth when a good guy with a gun stopped two bad guys intent on shooting up the draw mohammed contest (IIRC). Meanwhile, they ironically blame the guns in Paris that killed 130 people and not the lack of guns to prevent that number from happening. In Juarez it's illegal for citizens to own guns yet there are 4 murders per day there.

There's a glimmer of hope after this last election (yesterday). VA went red. Minn. voted down getting rid of the police department. Agencies are now begging cops to stay, the same ones they were shunning months earlier.

I guess every 10-20 years we have to try this experiment out again, and it fails every time. Not sure we'll survive too many more attempts though.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    2 months have elapsed without great incident. I haven't seen any streets running red with blood. I am *still* waiting on some Wild West Pimp Style action - starting to think I may have to become a Wild West Pimp myself in order to get some action. Yee to the hee to the hee to the haw, cow boys.

Top Bottom