Patriot Mobile

Did you notice that a month went by with permitless carry allowed in Texas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Glad that's been the case for you and I hope it stays that way.

I've seen some videos on youtube where open carrying led to the armed citizen getting assaulted by a bunch of punks from behind, utlimately leading to him getting stomped and disarmed.

I recall there's one that Active Self Protection channel featured that shows a guy ordering something at restaurant and had his pistol taken from him within seconds.

I'm not saying it's going to happen to everyone, but I think there's a risk of it happening to anyone.
    Care to cite any examples of how often it happens, or are you just going on an assumption of a few isolated incidents? Comparing it to carrying concealed?
    Target Sports

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Constitutional conceal carry is an entirely different thing tho, and I love it and glad it's in place, one of the reasons I love Texas and glad I'll be moving back to the gulf coast capital.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Hmmm open carried for decades. Never been disarmed. Dont know anyone who has been disarmed. Come from a state where open carry was it till the 90s and no one got disarmed.

The only people who tried were already in cuffs desperate and got a broke nose for their trouble.

Only people who go around with their heads up their ass....well they are at a mental disadvantage to begin with.

Funny libs and folks from lib states be like....
    images (1).jpeg

When they see a gun open carried.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Constitutional conceal carry is an entirely different thing tho, and I love it and glad it's in place, one of the reasons I love Texas and glad I'll be moving back to the gulf coast capital.
    Well let me state this. Texas ain't New Jersey. Frankly we want our criminals and liberals scared and shitting their drawers!

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Hmmm open carried for decades. Never been disarmed. Dont know anyone who has been disarmed. Come from a state where open carry was it till the 90s and no one got disarmed.

The only people who tried were already in cuffs desperate and got a broke nose for their trouble.

Only people who go around with their heads up their ass....well they are at a mental disadvantage to begin with.

Funny libs and folks from lib states be like.... View attachment 302506

When they see a gun open carried.
    lol that's a sick picture...there are definitely more liberals moving to Texas, and many other states that are pro 2A.

If I'm in a suburban or rural area I would be fine open carrying, especially with a good holster, but in any place more urban or a *larger suburban area...my gun will be under my shirt.

Ine the end of the day it's different strokes for different folks.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    If you allow someone to come up behind you and take your firearm from you, while in a holster, you shouldn't be carrying a gun in the first place.

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    If you allow someone to come up behind you and take your firearm from you, while in a holster, you shouldn't be carrying a gun in the first place.
    Agreed, but it happens, and various videos on line that shows guys getting tackled by younger punks over powering them.

I wouldn't hold it against those overpowered and disarmed while open carrying especially if tackled by someone younger, faster, and potentially stronger.

Check out Active Self Protection on youtube he alone has a dozen videos showing this happen caught on camera.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Eh, I open carried for a couple years before I bothered getting my Oregon CHL - only did so because Oregon had stupidly allowed cities with carry prohibition ordinances to remain in place when they passed preemption, and without a CHL (which granted one license to open carry anywhere as well) you could be cited or arrested for carrying openly in the city I lived in, and some of the surrounding burbs where I worked or routinely did business. If you carry yourself well, don't dress like a crack head, and bother to have some situational awareness, your likelihood of having someone try taking your gun is low.

There was an incident in a Portland suburb a couple years ago where some dipshit new to gun ownership carried his .22 semi auto openly in a crappy nylon holster to the light rail train, and was relieved of it by an armed criminal. That guy *might* have kept his gun if it was concealed, but he was in a known high crime area, at one of the most attractive targets (literally, the stupid light rail train was known locally as the Crime Train, and he was in the shittiest part of the shitty part of Portland) and he wasn't aware of who or what was around him, and didn't know shit about firearms or retention.

Besides police officers getting their guns snatched from them occasionally - that is the *only* citizen incident I've ever heard of of an open carrier having someone get the drop on them and taking their weapon.

Conversely, I've had the visible pistol serve to ward off some jackwagons who were froggy, they acted like they were going to start shit until they caught a glimpse of the pistol on my hip, then suddenly they had other places to be. Go figure. Must've just been a big coincidence.

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    But, but, but he's in New Joisy! He'd have to ship them.....
    Joisy for now but I'll be moving back to Corpus in a few months, since I finally got my company to agree to a 100% remote position (I'm in IT), I get to keep my pay rate too. (they usually adjust per local average)

But I've been fighting the good fight in NJ and got to meet many in Northern NJ who are 2A enthusiasts but cannot or will not move out of state for various different personal and professional reasons, and also some who'd rather stay and fight the good fight against the local town and state government which are very anti 2A.

They may be fighting an uphill battle but it's better to have some fellow 2A enthusiasts being a thorn in every state.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I've seen some videos on youtube where open carrying led to the armed citizen getting assaulted by a bunch of punks from behind, utlimately leading to him getting stomped and disarmed.

I recall there's one that Active Self Protection channel featured that shows a guy ordering something at restaurant and had his pistol taken from him within seconds.

I'm not saying it's going to happen to everyone, but I think there's a risk of it happening to anyone.
    I think the risk is about the same as dying in a plane crash... and I'm a pilot.

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    I think the risk is about the same as dying in a plane crash... and I'm a pilot.

That's fair and I didn't say it's going to happen to everyone.

I said there's always a possibility, even if remote.

Just like how the odds of using a gun in an actual DGU is rare but we all still carry and we all still keep one by our bedside.

Also the same reason why I have life insurance, keep a first aid kit, a fire extinguisher, etc.

I'm trying to reduce the likelihood of things not going in my favor when I may not be having my best day. (Even monkey's fall from trees sometimes)

I don't think my posts ever said "don't open carry" I was just expressing in this forum as to why I'd rather constitutional carry concealed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That's fair and I didn't say it's going to happen to everyone.

I said there's always a possibility, even if remote.

Just like how the odds of using a gun in an actual DGU is rare but we all still carry and we all still keep one by our bedside.

Also the same reason why I have life insurance, keep a first aid kit, a fire extinguisher, etc.

I'm trying to reduce the likelihood of things not going in my favor when I may not be having my best day. (Even monkey's fall from trees sometimes)

I don't think my posts ever said "don't open carry" I was just expressing in this forum as to why I'd rather constitutional carry concealed.
    It's "permitless carry". Open or concealed.

Top Bottom