• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Most of what America eats is just over process crap. Corn is evil its in most things in some form. I almost bought a couple pineapples today then I thought about cutting it up & coring it, more mess then I need right now in my life.
    Ya GOTTA have one of dees tings...

1663094633795.png

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I have a friend who lost 110lbs (She's around 5' tall) and she became a fitness coach. One of the things she told me about is pineapple. It has a chemical in it that attacks fat cells in food and prevents it from metabolizing. It also is a prebiotic, so it feeds your probiotics in your gut. The healthier your gut is, the better your whole body operates, and also reduces illness.

EDIT - I forgot to mention that she eats some pineapple about 30 minutes before eating a meal.

I buy it often. Kroger has it already cut up.

Did she say how much pineapple to eat prior to the meals? Are you eating it for that reason or just enjoy. Already cut up fruit is great !

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What are fermented fruits?
    It's the sough dough bread of fruit/ Not unlike Sour Dough you needs a mother culture that's fermented, to that you just add fruit. Sure you could make a starter batch out of yeast, sugar & fruit.

I learned wine making in grade school from an old itailian guy my dad worked with & cut hair on the side. If you had to wait for hair cut you had a glass of homemade wine (he even had a still for making brandy.

Simplest wine recipe that I started with was frzn Welch's concord grape, 4 cups od sugar, a package of yeast & water. You need a fermentation lock. A ballon will work if it's sealed onto the batch. I used a cork with a hose that went into a bottle of water. A warm dry place an in about a month, presto

One family I knew as a kid kept a bowl of fermented fruit in their fridge.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Did she say how much pineapple to eat prior to the meals? Are you eating it for that reason or just enjoy. Already cut up fruit is great !

One or two smallish pieces before meals. I usually buy the precut, sliced pineapple. It looks like a cylinder, but its sliced. I have one piece most of the time. But have had two on occasion.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Fermented fruit is an intermediate stage of processing raw fruit with some type of sugar.

Wine is the most common final stage of fermented fruit (grapes).

Preserved lemons are an example of another fermented fruit.

Just to be clear...I recommend fermented food .like sauerkraut, yogurt , kefir or even apple cider vinegar works

Axxe ask about fruit. I was replying to him.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just wait till I see my cardiologist. That lying piece of shit.
    Most doctors get kick-backs to prescribe drugs.

Let that sink in for a few minutes.

Do some research on Statins. But doctors prescribe them a lot! They actually do more harm than good for most people.The benefits are minute in comparison to the damage they do long term.

Mine are sitting on the shelf in the bathroom, unused!

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Most doctors get kick-backs to prescribe drugs.

Let that sink in for a few minutes.

Do some research on Statins. But doctors prescribe them a lot! They actually do more harm than good for most people.The benefits are minute in comparison to the damage they do long term.

Mine are sitting on the shelf in the bathroom, unused!
    I am on Livalo. Maybe I should quit.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I am on Livalo. Maybe I should quit.
    I can't or won't give medical advice, since I'm not trained in that area, or qualified in any way. I'm only going to point out that you do your own research, then have a discussion with your doctor.

I do lots of research and studying of any drugs I am prescribed by a doctor. In the end, I have the ultimate responsibility and control over my health and well being.

After I had the discussion with my doctor about statins, I decided it was in my best interests to control my cholesterol with changes in my diet, rather than using drugs.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I can't or won't give medical advice, since I'm not trained in that area, or qualified in any way. I'm only going to point out that you do your own research, then have a discussion with your doctor.

I do lots of research and studying of any drugs I am prescribed by a doctor. In the end, I have the ultimate responsibility and control over my health and well being.

After I had the discussion with my doctor about statins, I decided it was in my best interests to control my cholesterol with changes in my diet, rather than using drugs.
    Also, the docs have some incentives that go beyond medical needs. Drug makers and medical device makers are spending between $2.1 billion and $2.2 billion a year to woo doctors into prescribing drugs and using their products, according to a new investigation by ProPublica. While thousands of doctors have made $100,000 or more, more than 2,500 received $500,000 or more in the five-year period—and those payments do not include royalties. More than 700 received at least $1 million.

Top Bottom