• vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Which is better for breakfast?

20220913_073040.jpg

Would you be surprised to know that a cup of white grapes contains MORE sugar than a medium glazed donut?
    If you are limiting sugar remember fruit like grapes contain alot of natural sugars and very little fiber. You should consider selecting fruits with better sugar to fiber ratios. The more fiber in the fruit the less the sugar impact on your glucose and insulin levels

Sugar is sugar..whether it's natural or refined..
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yeah. I knew that. I remember explaining to someone that grapes, as natural, unprocessed, and tasty as they are, are just little sacks of sugar water.

I really shouldn't eat any fruit but I love 'em all. :)
    Most fruits are nothing more than natural sugars. And @vmax is correct, sugar is sugar and you bidy makes no distinction where that sugar come from when processing it in your body.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have a friend who lost 110lbs (She's around 5' tall) and she became a fitness coach. One of the things she told me about is pineapple. It has a chemical in it that attacks fat cells in food and prevents it from metabolizing. It also is a prebiotic, so it feeds your probiotics in your gut. The healthier your gut is, the better your whole body operates, and also reduces illness.

EDIT - I forgot to mention that she eats some pineapple about 30 minutes before eating a meal.

I buy it often. Kroger has it already cut up.

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I have a friend who lost 110lbs (She's around 5' tall) and she became a fitness coach. One of the things she told me about is pineapple. It has a chemical in it that attacks fat cells in food and prevents it from metabolizing. It also is a prebiotic, so it feeds your probiotics in your gut. The healthier your gut is, the better your whole body operates, and also reduces illness.
    That’s good info… and I like pineapple

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yes. It's why people who struggle with weight are told the wrong things to eat. Fruits and potatoes then people ask why they are still overweight.

Often your body just needs basics. meats, water, some cheese, pink sea salt, peppers are good. Most of the countries food supply is sugar in some form.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Pineapple contains a lot of natural fiber which is a good and is prebiotic

Your gut bacteria feeds on the fiber
    The fiber also creates a lining in your gut that Shields your gut from some sugars being absorbed

Any type of fermented foods are also very good prebiotics for your gut : edit like kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut and even apple cider vinegar

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Un processed pineapple is a one ingredient foods, one of mother natures foods full of good things, fewer ingredients the better.

If you're doing low carb, good way to count fructose for a low carb diet is to use total carbs, not net carbs (total minus fiber) to keep count of daily intake honest.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yes. It's why people who struggle with weight are told the wrong things to eat. Fruits and potatoes then people ask why they are still overweight.

Often your body just needs basics. meats, water, some cheese, pink sea salt, peppers are good. Most of the countries food supply is sugar in some form.
    I have cut out most potatoes and breads out of my daily diet. I have a couple of cheat days out of the week and indulge those desires, but I made some big adjustments a couple of months ago. I think if you allow yourself to indulge in those foods bad for you occasionally, you can achieve the goal you're looking for much easier. Or even just weaning off them slowly, rather than just immediately dropping them altogether.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Pineapple contains a lot of natural fiber which is a good is it prebiotic
    Your good bacteria feeds on the fiber
    The fiber also creates a lining in your gut that Shields your gut from some sugars being absorbed

Any type of fermented foods are also very good prebiotics for your gut
    What are fermented fruits?

Top Bottom