APOD Firearms

Did my first trigger job (AK47 ALG) this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Somehow I stumbled upon a video on reddit where a guy seems to not be happy with his ALG trigger. He wasn't happy with the take up, and after watching it, it did look pretty bad.

I've had the ALG for, I'm guessing 6 years now? Not sure, but a long time. After watching his video, I thought something was wrong. So I go to MY ALG and it's just like his.

I realized that the ALG was only so amazing to me because it was way better than the Tapco G2. However, seeing as though the last few years have been mostly AR builds and AR drop in triggers and the like, I have become used to the short travel, crisp breaks, and positive and short resets. So much so that the AR triggers make the ALG look like nothing more than Tapco G2's kinda ugly sister that you'd bang, but you wouldn't want to marry her...

Anyway, all of this realization was a huge problem. So I did something about it.

Behold my first trigger job. It went from exactly like the redditer's situation, to something more like the AR triggers that have been spoiling me these past few years. It was surprisingly easy to accomplish. You just take a tad off where material needs to be removed, install the trigger, try it out, remove the trigger group, and repeat.

The results...

I started with the reset. It resets and goes no further than the actual point of the reset. The take up is short and to the point and leads to an easy to feel wall. Then the break. I would like to shorten the over travel by a very small margin but I'll have to head over to the metal shop to drill a small hole under the disconnector in order to place a pin and grind it down until it cuts the over travel by about 30-40%. I do believe more than that would bring undesirable results.

Anyway, it was fun and a wonderful learning experience. MAAAAAAN I can't WAIT to hit the desert this weekend.

Be safe and God bless.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Amazing what a body can do once ya' add a little "want to" to the equation!!! And if you go too far, no big deal, get a new part and try it again. Education cost, sometimes it's tuition money, sometimes it's new parts, sometimes it's nothing more than your time and sometimes it a bloody nose!

Top Bottom