• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I tried to call them to see if they had something that I was looking for and could not reach them and their website has disappeared. Curious, I searched them and found a thread on another forum that said they had been shut down by the ATF. Can anybody confirm that? I would drive over to see for myself but I am a good ways from them.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I found this....

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My experience with them is quite old now.
    When the Old Guy that ran the place passed away his younger relative took over.
    The Old Guy was a fair man. I did a modest amount of business with them.
    The young guy was/is a prick.
    I quit going there because he was such a p.i.t.a.
    Scanning those reviews it seems I wasn't the only one having the same issue.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My coworker The Village Idiot's exwife took his S&W 629 over there & sold it without him knowing it. At the time he had borrowed my shoulder holster and it was part of her deal with them. When The Village Idiot found out he asked me what to do. I suggested report it stolen. I went with him because I sold him the pistol as I had a FFL back then.

We delt with the old man with his stupid ass Bowler Hat. I told him even though The Village Idiot refused to report his ex wife I would report my holster & receiving stolen goods really aint good for his FFL.
    The Idiot didn't want me reporting his slut wife to the law, for his sons behalf. He end up handing over the money.

His ex-wife was truly a nut case! She was a meat wrapper and was boinking anyone interested in a ride. Then she would file sexual harassment. She sued every grocery store chain in Houston. The only one that didn't pay her off was Walmart. She was such a whore he ended up with custody of his son. When he died suddenly she was like a vulture for the kids inherence.

Last edited:

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    My experience with them is quite old now.
    When the Old Guy that ran the place passed away his younger relative took over.
    The Old Guy was a fair man. I did a modest amount of business with them.
    The young guy was/is a prick.
    I quit going there because he was such a p.i.t.a.
    Scanning those reviews it seems I wasn't the only one having the same issue.
    Same for me. 20 to 30 years ago I lived not far from them and was in there often and did quite a bit of business with them. I had the occasion to go in there a couple of years ago and learned that the old guy ( I think his name was Jerry) had passed away. I seem to remember that his sons name was Shane. I never had a bad experience with them. I just checked the yelp reviews and I am a little shocked by them.

Last edited:

justmax

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    They used to be a customer of mine when I was ripping. You’re right about the old man being fair even though it was a little weird. But the boys wow what pricks

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    DISCLAIMER: My late father was an FFL/SOT for many years, he was friendly with FF and many other local gun stores.
    Jerry - the old man - passed something like 20 years ago, although his cremains resided on a shelf in the store for many years.
    His son(s) ended up with the store, but anybody can tell you it's damn hard to keep your doors open in this day and age, especially without a range (ranges are the cashflow at most stores).
    I understand the business was sold, the buyer evidently had a hard time making a profit, and, well, nature took its course.

It's not as bad as a certain LARGE local gun store that was last located off of Chimney Rock that went broke in the '80s, the owner claimed the corporation was insolvent and bankrupt and to sue the corporation and get in line... turned out there was no corporation (he hadn't filed the required documents in years and it had reverted to a Sole Proprietorship), and he managed to bluff any lawsuit and criminal charges long enough the Statute of Limitations to file suit ran out - while walking away with a lot of money he claimed came from other sources.

Eli

Top Bottom